Trying to flash an old Alfa AP 51 with Pineapple

botard89

Hey everyone. This will be my first post here on Hak5 forums, and first I'd like to say I love all the tech talk. I have an old Alfa AP51 device, and am trying to do something, but it was given to me by a friend who either put Pineapple on it or bought it with Pineapple. I'm having a problem of one logging into the device. When I link to it, and enter 172.168.42.1 it just says "Nothing to see here" I was hoping I could flash it with the default firmware. I have tried looking up all I could but was surprised to know that I couldn't find very much on the topics. Another thing I need to know is, is it possible with the default firmware to wirelessly bridge the AP51 to a NETGEAR router and pull the signal over to it, and then to the computer through bridging the connections from wireless to wired(ethernet)? So basically I need to know how I can go about flashing it (on Windows 8) and if the bridging thing will work. I previously had an Alfa AWUS036H but it broke so basically I'm trying to substitute. Thanks everyone for feedback, and I would like to say I greatly appreciate it. :)

Edited by botard89