little problem

lucasgor88

Hi there! I was a bit of a newbie myself not so long ago, so it's perfectly normal. But here is a couple of questions for you to help me help you! :)

Could you specify how you attack your own wifi? What are you using and how?

Are you attacking the router WEP, WPA/WPA2 encryption or bruteforcing router WPS pins?

Just share whatever information you can.

when you say your wifi more or less shuts down, do you mean your router or the wifi on your computer?

Does it give you a certain error message? And what operating system are you using?

the more info you give, the easier it will be for me to help you.

Edited by spazi

We were all new at this at some point in our lives, Welcome! We have cookies...

-Anyways-

Can you give us a brief rundown on how you go through your attack? In my learning experiences, If you deauth too much it can essentially be a DDoS (but it's going to have to be pretty substantial to shut it down how you're describing. Different from DDoS)

• 1 month later...

You're using a single wireless card for your hacking, when you switch into monitor mode (mon) to break into the network it will disconnect you from from your wireless connections (wLan). You can use your (eth) or various other methods to keep a connection but the easiest solution is to get an external wireless card for your hacking so your internal can focus on keeping you online and with that, you're one step closer to MITM attacks... Why else would you want to hack wifi?