WaRP board from CES has hacking potential

Guest spazi

Hi guys, was really impressed when Darren talked about the WaRP at CES.

First thing comes to mind, "will it support Monitor Mode and packet injection?!"

Did some digging on google and found out that it features a Murata LBEH17YSHC chip.

It's actually a Broadcom BCM4330 with 802.11n and bluetooth 4.0.

Im guessing it doesn't come out of the box with monitor mode and packet injection support. But the smart people from bcmon are working hard on giving broadcom chipsets monitor mode and packet injetion.

they are actually getting pretty darn close. I have a Samsung Galaxy S II and with the bcmon.apk they shared online, I'm able to capture WPA handshakes and cracking WPS pins. Not completely bug-free but pretty damn good considering it's free and frustrating to work with considering the lack of documentation from broadcom.

The work from bcmon really gives inspiration to what can be done with the WaRP board.

I will not be surprised to see people working on adding monitor mode/packet injection or someone from the hak5 forums using the WaRP for hacking things.
Exciting stuff!

go to www.warpboard.org for more info :)

Edited by spazi