Very odd SD card issue...

Boosted240

Kind of an weird problem. I have the Pineapple setup with all the infusions installed on the SD. I had the Pineapple running on the battery, and a Cron job updating a log file on the SD with the uptime every 5 minutes.

Left it running last night to get an idea of how long the battery would go for. Got up today, plugged it in, and the SD card shows as there, but its blank. I have no infusions, no log, no folders, nothing. Put it in my PC, both partitions are still there (swap and storage) both blank. Nothing. Did a few reboots on the Pineapple, plugged it back in, and it shows fine.

So I decided to SSH in and create another log file. I'm using nano to create a file, when I try to save it it comes up with: "Error writing /sd/uplog.log: Input/output error"

I formatted the card, it seemed to go fine. Same error.

Ideas? Will a reflash/factory reset fix this?

have you tried a different card?

Yeah, same thing. So a reset didn't help either. After resetting, I re-formated again and that did the trick, so far it seems to be back to normal. Working fine.

So what happened, and how can this be avoided in the future?

Yeah, same thing. So a reset didn't help either. After resetting, I re-formated again and that did the trick, so far it seems to be back to normal. Working fine.

So what happened, and how can this be avoided in the future?

are you up to date with 1.0.4? were you before? i think it was in 1.0.3 Seb fixed an issue with the sd reader usb driver. maybe related to that?

are you up to date with 1.0.4? were you before? i think it was in 1.0.3 Seb fixed an issue with the sd reader usb driver. maybe related to that?

Yeah, got the update when it dropped. Only thing I can think of, is that I never unplugged my Alfa from the USB before formatting. (never noticed the note before in the format area/screen) So this time, I rebooted, unplugged the Alfa, formatted, got it working, rebooted and plugged the Alfa back in.