4G LTE USB Modem for MK4?

user39892

Hi,

I'm looking to purchase a 4G LTE USB Modem to use with my pineapple mk4 (firmware 3.0.0), has anyone gotten one to work sucessfully, i searched some posts and it seems the user needs to install a few packges and such, I'm looking for one where i can just plug and play with minimal fuss.

Checked this page but doesn't give me a list of Certified USB Modems that work

https://github.com/WiFiPineapple/web-interface/wiki/mk4guide3gmodem

Looked at the following models:

AT&T Beam
Sprint Netgear 341U USB Modem
Verizon 4G LTE USB Modem UML295
Verizon 4G LTE USB Modem 551L
Pantech® 4G LTE Global USB Modem UML290

Does anyone have any recommendations and suggestions for a working solution? Thank you for your help.

Hi,

I'm looking to purchase a 4G LTE USB Modem to use with my pineapple mk4 (firmware 3.0.0), has anyone gotten one to work sucessfully, i searched some posts and it seems the user needs to install a few packges and such, I'm looking for one where i can just plug and play with minimal fuss.

Checked this page but doesn't give me a list of Certified USB Modems that work

https://github.com/WiFiPineapple/web-interface/wiki/mk4guide3gmodem

Looked at the following models:

AT&T Beam

Sprint Netgear 341U USB Modem

Verizon 4G LTE USB Modem UML295

Verizon 4G LTE USB Modem 551L

Pantech® 4G LTE Global USB Modem UML290

Does anyone have any recommendations and suggestions for a working solution? Thank you for your help.

why dont you just buy a used droid phone and use that. i have about 12 different android phones that ive acquired for free from people that have cracked the digitizers or broken it somehow nd ive repaired them myself. a proper device with a custom rom and kernel will give you way more options than a boring usb 4g stick. for example i have a couple htc mytouch 4g's aka htc Glacier/panache that ive CID unlocked (carrierID) and flashed custom kernels and roms too. they have a stock bcm4329 bgn wireless chipset. support wifi hotspot, and usb tethering. you could go into any wireless dealer and tell them that you just want a pay as you go unlimited talk/text/web plan for a phone that you have already. you dont even need to tell them what type of phone it is. i have one of mine setup with simple wireless which is a small carrier that uses the tmobile networks so i get full hsdpd+.

one cool thing about this is that i can tether the phones connection to a usb device (such as a laptop) and use it as a wifi hotspot that other devices can connect to at the same time. so you can start to see where the fun can start.

inaddition to that you can run all sorts of neat tools on your droid in addition to what the pineapple may be doing. things like sslstrip nmap, ettercap, tcpdump, and the list goes on and on. and for plans as low as 35-40 bucks a month for unlimited talk text web you cant really beat that. you have a nice little device that you can hide anywhere and pwn the shit out of people. and you can adbtcp connect to the android device via wireless to remotely run commands and change settings.

Edited by vector

Thank you for your suggestions, but i was looking more into a plug and play solution where i can just buy something off the shelf from a mobile carrier store (e.g. AT&T, Verizon and such) and plug it in and start working with minimal configuration,

with the cell phone tethering, i want something more compact, I currently have all the hardware tucked into the small case that came with the Elite version, a tethered cell phone would add to much bulk.