[Question] DuckEncoder not working for me.

Go to solution Solved by happybox,

Try running it through the Duck Encoder v2.4, available in the stickies. If it works on that then please give feedback. The new release has been greatly altered since that one, it would be good to know if I've broken anything. Can you post the actual text file you are trying to encode?

Can you also please run the faulty code in debug mode and post the resulting stack trace? A screenshot will suffice if you can't cut and paste.

java -jar encoder.jar -i script.txt --debug
Edited by ApacheTech Consultancy

• Solution

Try running it through the Duck Encoder v2.4, available in the stickies. If it works on that then please give feedback. The new release has been greatly altered since that one, it would be good to know if I've broken anything. Can you post the actual text file you are trying to encode?

Can you also please run the faulty code in debug mode and post the resulting stack trace? A screenshot will suffice if you can't cut and paste.

java -jar encoder.jar -i script.txt --debug

java.io.FileNotFoundException: script.txt ETC.

Thanks, new to java and did not realize there was a debug command. I still have the problem of the directory of ducklings not automatically read, with ./ducklings/script.txt it worked. This is good enough, thanks.

So, you didn't have script.txt in the same directory as encoder.jar? You do need to fully qualify the path to the input file; there's no "default" input file at this time. If using duckling macros, you don't need to have the .txt script in the ducklings subdirectory, it will work from any directory, so long as it's qualified (absolute or relative).

The ducklings are imported with an "all or nothing" approach. if they're not imported properly, the program will exit with an error.