Need some help W/freezing fruit

Lstinthwrld

Yes I know there are lots of threads similar to this one but I didn't see one with this problem specifically I looked I was on the forum for hours last night looking. So this is my problem. If I make any changes in the UI that causes the Pineapple to reboot I.E. update firmware change password anything of this sort it locks up stops bridging internet/looses connection to the LAN port in my machine and obviously wont respond to the request to let me in to the UI in the browser. I have to let it sit for hours like overnight then it will work again. Is this normal? And if so is there a way around this? I don't think I should have to wait hours after changing a simple parameter like a password or firmware upgrade to use the device again. Sorry once again for the NOOB questions just need to know if this is normal or since I just received this yesterday if its not do I need to exchange it. Thank you for the help/advice in advance.

S.

did you issue the "mkswap /dev/sda1" command and reboot, so you will have the swap space? I know this was the problem I had a while ago because the pineapple dosen't have enough ram to support everything and will hang and or reboot because of this. I also re did my partitions on my flash drive, so it was fresh. It fixed everything and now it dosen't reboot on my a crazy amount of times like it did before. Sure I still get the occasinal reboot but then again I was running Karma, DNSSpoof, Logchecker, URLSnarf, SSLStrip, and was also running reaver in an ssh shell. *** That is way to much to run on the pineapple at one given time *** Hope this helps :)

-Stealthkit

Try using a different browser and or reboot the computer. Is this with linux using the startup script?

Or unplugging the pineapple when safe to make sure it actually reboot, sounds like this issue is the computer/web browser, when u change the password the browser might be at fault, when flashing you may be going to the default password that you changed and the same issue browser doesnt like login changing

I have tried different browsers it is not a browser issue. The pineapple locks up. When I went to the upgrade section of the UI I noticed the memory while within the specs. designated by the literature was ok it looked low. I think stealthkit may be on to something just got home from work so I am going to try it. Wish me luck!

Ok got it! you both were right. I made a USB and set it up and much better. Also my chrome was doing some stupid proxy crap that was making things very hard. I run a 'custom' pen-test distro and you know how it is when you assume about settings. Just like with assuming with money it costs you things. Anyway thank you so much for the quick replies.