Really odd redirect issue.

Stevie

Sorry for delay in reply. As always it stopped again & hasn't happened since. However, I also decided, the lab PC that was on with the domain, wasn't ever used for what I was intending. I was going to maintain the domain and roll out software using it etc. But got bored, so it just stayed on all day doing nothing. It is an ESXi setup so does have other VMs on it that I was using. However, they aren't important. I've not got a new lab PC that is more powerful and only switched on when I'm attempting to learn some stuff or need to setup VMs for testing stuff relating to work. The old one I've now decommissioned and I've removed my PC from the domain and turned the PC. Since leaving the domain and turning the PC off, I haven't had the issue.

But again, it's so random it could suddenly appear again. So although at the moment it might point to it being the domain that was the issue, I don't think it ever was due to the various tests I did (as above) with VMs not on the domain yet still suddenly doing it.

It does point to it possibly being a Firefox issue as the whole issue appeared to be coming to an end, but when it was doing it in all browsers, it would also do it on clean VMs. VMs that had just been built to test the idea. They were never put on the domain and went straight out to the Internet via the router, but still they started to redirect after a min. However, those VMs were being run in VMWare Workstation from my PC. The same PC that also had the redirect issue & I've read of late that it is possible for a local PC to be infected with crap & then that infection spread to VM's running on the main host (however, I highly doubt that was the issue with the VMs doing the redirect also).

So the current state is, the DC has been decommissioned and the PC it was on is off. The Draytek router has been replaced with a slightly newer Draytek. The lab PC for testing shit has been replaced with a more powerful one & all seems clean on it. The netgear unmanaged switch has been replaced for a cheap managed Zyxel 24 port one.

After all that, currently the redirect has stopped.

I have noticed a laptop that is on the network that I don't own (owned by another member of the house hold) was infected with crap at some point. I was attempting to install some software on it that refused to install because it didn't have permissions to the users temp folder. After trying to fix it for an hour I realised loads of the folder permissions are all a mess & I believe it was from some past infection. I'll have to clean and reload that as well, it's just possible it may have been creating the redirects or if it was an infection, the infection came from there.

All in all its been an odd redirect issue with no clear signs that (other than that laptop which I don't think really is the issue) any of the machines are infected with anything.