Having Wifi Issues, No Light

slimjim2234

I have the pineapple mark IV and have been playing around with it, absolutely love it! :D

About 2 weeks later after purchase, I screwed in the antennae just like normal, except it kept turning. Then I noticed that the RP-SMA connector was spinning too. I opened the router and found out that i coiled the wire and broke it (verified with a volt meter). :angry:

So I ordered a new one from amazon for about 7 bucks (included 2 sets of U.FL to RP-SMA wires). Installed the new wire to the board, fit perfectly, mounted the connector back in the plastic hole next to the ethernet connectors and.... no go. The WLAN light will not light up anymore and I have these messages in the pineapple logs that have me worried.

00:01:01 Pineapple user.info sysinit: 'radio1' is disabled

00:01:01 Pineapple user.info sysinit: 'radio1' is disabled

00:01:01 Pineapple user.info sysinit: 'radio0' is disabled

00:01:00 Pineapple user.info sysinit: 'radio0' is disabled

00:00:55 Pineapple user.info sysinit: PHY for wifi device radio1 not found

00:00:55 Pineapple user.info sysinit: 'radio1' is disabled

00:00:55 Pineapple user.info sysinit: 'radio0' is disabled

(As you've probably seen from the logs on your own router, the top entry is the most recent output)

I hope I didn't short something further downstream in the board when the wire broke :(

I don't know how to diagnose the problem from here. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

I'm currenty using the one that came in the pineapple pro pack, the AWU036NHA.

Im still having wifi issues unfortunately. Somehow through a series of ifconfigs and ifups in combination with the networkmanager, no wifi devices will populate. ifconfig just states the br-lan, eth1, eth2, and the loopback. The auto-detect in the network manager won't populate any devices either.

This doesn't look promising either, it was in the log 18 times after a reboot

00:01:03 Pineapple user.info sysinit: /sbin/uci: Parse error (option/list command found before the first section) at line 68, byte 1

any suggestions?

I'm currenty using the one that came in the pineapple pro pack, the AWU036NHA.

Im still having wifi issues unfortunately. Somehow through a series of ifconfigs and ifups in combination with the networkmanager, no wifi devices will populate. ifconfig just states the br-lan, eth1, eth2, and the loopback. The auto-detect in the network manager won't populate any devices either.

This doesn't look promising either, it was in the log 18 times after a reboot

00:01:03 Pineapple user.info sysinit: /sbin/uci: Parse error (option/list command found before the first section) at line 68, byte 1

any suggestions?

use a usb powered hub and try a different usb cable, lots of issues with cables from hak5

use a usb powered hub and try a different usb cable, lots of issues with cables from hak5

That worked perfectly! USB connected wifi card to the powered usb hub now shows a blue light. You think maybe the voltage drops off with the wire being so long?

anyway, i also fixed my parsing issue:

command: ssh root@172.16.42.1

command: rm /etc/config/networking

command: wifi detect > /etc/config/wireless

command: nano /etc/config/wireless

- commented out all of the "option disable 1" then saved it

command: wifi

and wala! instantaneous blue light on the pineapple.