Mkiv Randomly Rebooting

were you using sslstrip? 3g? is there swap space on the usb?

Yeah, I had sslstrip and tcpdump both running...also had 4g going...usbstick is a 2gb with ~600mb for swap (got tired of trying 16gb cruzer fit's as they all eventually went into read-only mode and i had the 2gb laying around doing nothing...it has been working fine for quite awhile now) Whenever I would look it was not using a ton of the swap space...

Was it well ventilated, or did you have it hidden somwhere it coud not breathe? Was it Hot?

It was in a Maxpedition Jumbo VersiPack but it was not hot at all...I have used it in a closed Pelican case before and likewise it stayed cool in it also (and never randomly rebooted)

I find if i use too many memory intensive programs at once, and the free memory drops below 1k, it will crash on me. Mainly happens with the Jammer module, when there is more than 6ish networks. Also, it seems the pineapple doesn't use any of my swap :/ 100% free all the time, even with the swappiness set to 100.

I find if i use too many memory intensive programs at once, and the free memory drops below 1k, it will crash on me. Mainly happens with the Jammer module, when there is more than 6ish networks. Also, it seems the pineapple doesn't use any of my swap :/ 100% free all the time, even with the swappiness set to 100.

Thanks for the reply. I am still trying to isolate the cause.

there is def something wrong with your swap, I see it being used after a bit of use or running sslstrip.