Jasager Problem?

hey guys

so i got my pineapple iv i start karma

and i am trying to test it

so i have my android phone and turn on the wifi so it will connect automatically on my wifi network

and it connects fine, but shouldn't it connect on my pineapple instead??since it is turned on with karma enabled??

am i wrong or something?

please enlighten me :P

hey guys

so i got my pineapple iv i start karma

and i am trying to test it

so i have my android phone and turn on the wifi so it will connect automatically on my wifi network

and it connects fine, but shouldn't it connect on my pineapple instead??since it is turned on with karma enabled??

am i wrong or something?

please enlighten me :P

that's normal, if you set a fake network or connect to the pineapple ssid then turn off wifi on android it will most likely connect to that fake ssid or the pineapple ssid when you enable wifi again.

I found with android it tries the last wifi network it was connected to first so probably your home network.

Edited by petertfm

that's normal, if you set a fake network or connect to the pineapple ssid then turn off wifi on android it will most likely connect to that fake ssid or the pineapple ssid when you enable wifi again.

I found with android it tries the last wifi network it was connected to first so probably your home network.

tried that but still connects on my home router.

i think jasager just doesnt work or something :S

On your Android go to your list of wireless AP's, long tap your home wifi and choose Forget Network. This way it won't automatically connect to your home wifi ;)

For Karma to work, your Android phone had to be connected to a open wireless network in the past and has to be in your wifi list as a remembered network.

This way when you turn on wifi on your phone it will try to connect to remembered networks first, so when you have a open remembered network in your wifi list, karma will pickup the probe and connect your phone to the pineapple.

See Robin Woods homepage to learn how Karma works ;)

Karma is a set of patches to access point software to get it to respond to probe requests not just for itself but for any ESSID requested. This allows the AP to act as a lure to draw in any clients probing for known networks
Edited by WatskeBart

On your Android go to your list of wireless AP's, long tap your home wifi and choose Forget Network. This way it won't automatically connect to your home wifi ;)

For Karma to work, your Android phone had to be connected to a open wireless network in the past and has to be in your wifi list as a remembered network.

This way when you turn on wifi on your phone it will try to connect to remembered networks first, so when you have a open remembered network in your wifi list, karma will pickup the probe and connect your phone to the pineapple.

See Robin Woods homepage to learn how Karma works ;)

thx watskebart that is exactly what i wanted :)

i guess i will figure out the rest :)