Alfa 36 Flashing Results

BennyHill

Hi,

Wanted to ask the question of whether anyone has succeeded in flashing the ALFA R36 router with the MK4 firmware via serial or another method?

I have tried it via serial and following this post https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=163491 found some good pointers but the MK4 firmware fails on reboot. The serial hangs at kernel boot. No output so I'm guessing this is not a good sign.

Anybody got any tips on flashing the R36?

B

Hi,

Wanted to ask the question of whether anyone has succeeded in flashing the ALFA R36 router with the MK4 firmware via serial or another method?

I have tried it via serial and following this post https://forum.openwr....php?pid=163491 found some good pointers but the MK4 firmware fails on reboot. The serial hangs at kernel boot. No output so I'm guessing this is not a good sign.

Anybody got any tips on flashing the R36?

B

would only work if It has exact same atheros chipset and at least 8m flash and 32m ram, my experience with serial flashing is to type in manually, copy and past caused weird characters to be input but not seen.

maybe the r36 is more like a mark 3?

You can't use (afaik) pineapple on that device, it uses ralink chipset, not atheros chipset, and afaik, it's not even compatible with openWRT, which is the base system on which pineapple firmware is built on.

i recently revived also an old fonera 2200, i was planning to flash it with jasagar, old firmware tho, with really less features