Wifi Pineapple Mk4 Troubles

cody t

Hello everyone, I have posted on the forums several times before about my mk4 and i dont want to flood the forums with annoying questions about troubleshooting but heres basically the deal: I just got my wifi pineapple and I have a macbook pro running snow leopard newest version, I have my network sharing on in the setting and when i try to connect to my pineapple threw the interface 172.16.42.1 everything looks fine, BUT when trying to connect to it via SFTP or threw anything else it will not connect me not matter what client i use (cyberduck, filezilla, transmit) and ive hit a bit of a wall with my pineapple, will someone please walk me threw or help with any suggestions for connecting successfully to my wifi pineapple?

thanks!

Hello everyone, I have posted on the forums several times before about my mk4 and i dont want to flood the forums with annoying questions about troubleshooting but heres basically the deal: I just got my wifi pineapple and I have a macbook pro running snow leopard newest version, I have my network sharing on in the setting and when i try to connect to my pineapple threw the interface 172.16.42.1 everything looks fine, BUT when trying to connect to it via SFTP or threw anything else it will not connect me not matter what client i use (cyberduck, filezilla, transmit) and ive hit a bit of a wall with my pineapple, will someone please walk me threw or help with any suggestions for connecting successfully to my wifi pineapple?

thanks!

is SFTP turned on? download and use FUGU to scp any files you need over to the device.

thats how I get files over on it.

NTF

is SFTP turned on? download and use FUGU to scp any files you need over to the device.

thats how I get files over on it.

NTF

It still just re-prompts me for the password:/ anyone know if this is a wifi pineapple issue or a networking/computer settings error?

It still just re-prompts me for the password:/ anyone know if this is a wifi pineapple issue or a networking/computer settings error?

yes it does... prompt for a pw. Are you trying to find a way to move files to the device without having to provide a password?

I image in you generate the ssh keys, you can then configure rsync over ssh.

NTF

yes it does... prompt for a pw. Are you trying to find a way to move files to the device without having to provide a password?

I image in you generate the ssh keys, you can then configure rsync over ssh.

NTF

no i dont mind providing the password (pineapplesareyummy) but do i configure rsync in the wifi pineapple interface?