Spoofing Verizon Fios Xbox 360 App

proskater123

So I was browsing some of the apps on the 360 and I noticed the Verizon fios app doesn't authenticate via a regular username / password. The only way I can think of it to authenticate is via ip address. I am on Comcast network so obviously its not gonna work. So I got my head running and was thinking of ways to trick it into thinking i was able to view it. I have Verizon for my cell phone service and use the 3g mobile hotspot. idea? Why not connect it to my cell phone and see if it sees I am on Verizon's network and allow me to view it. No go. Still said I needed Verizon Fios to use the app. I have yet to try this but what if I setup my network so it pipes the Xbox traffic through a proxy that is hosting on Verizon's fios network and see if it would authenticate? I have yet to try it but its worth a shot. Does anyone else have any ideas about it. I know Comcast is rolling out their own app but its all on demand programming and it would be awesome to watch live TV on my Xbox as my office does not have cable TV that's worth anything. Just the basic channels. i was also gonna try to sniff the packets and see what goes through the network while trying to authenticate and see if there is anything in plain view. Just another stab in the dark I guess.

Edited by proskater123

So I was browsing some of the apps on the 360 and I noticed the Verizon fios app doesn't authenticate via a regular username / password. The only way I can think of it to authenticate is via ip address. I am on Comcast network so obviously its not gonna work. So I got my head running and was thinking of ways to trick it into thinking i was able to view it. I have Verizon for my cell phone service and use the 3g mobile hotspot. idea? Why not connect it to my cell phone and see if it sees I am on Verizon's network and allow me to view it. No go. Still said I needed Verizon Fios to use the app. I have yet to try this but what if I setup my network so it pipes the Xbox traffic through a proxy that is hosting on Verizon's fios network and see if it would authenticate? I have yet to try it but its worth a shot. Does anyone else have any ideas about it. I know Comcast is rolling out their own app but its all on demand programming and it would be awesome to watch live TV on my Xbox as my office does not have cable TV that's worth anything. Just the basic channels. i was also gonna try to sniff the packets and see what goes through the network while trying to authenticate and see if there is anything in plain view. Just another stab in the dark I guess.

If it's anything like FiOS's VOD system, it's an internal (to Verizon) routing system. This is also how you can see your internet speed jump above normal rates when streaming VOD, it's because it's a completely different gateway/router than the normal internet traffic.

I think "hacking" the 360 App is impossible in the normal sense since unless you're on a FiOS line, you don't even have a route to get to the video servers.

I was so much of thinking about hacking. More or less tricking it into seeing me as a subscriber.

You would need to be able to trick Verizon's routers into thinking you're on the network, not possible unless you find a flaw in enterprise routing hardware.