U3 Drive

General Grievous

I am really, really sorry that it even got to this point. I don't often forget my passwords, especially when I make them out of existing/old passwords. I however forgot my password and my password hint did not even help, for my U3, 8GB SanCruzer flash drive.

The information on this flash drive is the culmination of years of memories.

I can certainly attempt to use a data recovery program, but if there are known ways to crack this baby, or even give me more attempts to guess the password, "I'm all ears" (in this case eyes.)

Again, I am sorry for this triffling, pitiful request. I am have the CompTIA A+ passed, so I'm not a dunce at GUI, but not an expert at CMD/CLI.

I have XP 32 bit/Vista 32 bit OS's I can work with.

Any help would be much appreciated.

(For those who don't know, the U3 acts like a GUI over a GUI. A program on a flash drive, and traditionally is has been hackable in the past, but not sure it's been hacked to remove the crack in a user-friendly way. It has a "CD-ROM" partition, if you will, that loads the "gui" and such, and presumably is also protecting the rest of the flash drive from being read/modified/ able to be seen by data recovery programs.)

(PS; I don't care about the U3, we can remove it, all I want is the files on the disk.)

Edited by General Grievous

Did it lock you out somehow? You're not able to continue guessing? That might be a good place to start. Try loading it up on another computer to see if your able to guess again. If it does something locally like creating a reg key, to lock you out, than A VM would give you unlimited tries. Otherwise learn more about it, the encrypted data IS probably accessible, and decryption software does exist.

You could always try hypnosis: You're getting sleepy...very sleepy...