A Few Questions

I just built my first Fon with jasager, and got the Auto-RickRoller working too, and I have some questions about some things I want to do with it.

1) Does the Fon update itself if it is connected to the internet? (I know it probably doesn't, but better safe than sorry.)

2) When using Karma, can the Fon pretend to be a secured AP? (wep, wpa, etc)? most people have password protected Wifi, so their computers wont

auto-connect to the Fon, because the security is different. It could pretend to have the security of the expected AP, but accept any password.

3) Can the Fon clients have working internet if it's connected to a laptop via Ethernet, and the laptop is running ettercap in bridge mode (bridge from real Wifi to Ethernet (the Fon))? If so, can ettercap filters be used to filter packets? Also, will this configuration slow down the Clients internet access significantly?

Thanks a lot for any help, and sorry if any of the questions are obvious and/or noob questions.

1. My open mesh router running Jasager w/ICS does not update itself that I'm aware of.

2. I think it would be possible to edit the .sh file or go into webif and change the SSID to WEP and then enable Karma. Maybe someone else who is more familiar with that could elaborate on that for me.

3. Clients can connected to the router and get internet from the attacker laptop. I think what you want to do with ettercap, there are already several scripts that do this with SSLStrip. During testing last night, I was able to maintain the ICS with great speeds for a while. I've noticed SSLStrip causes some slowness. There are tons of tutorials that should answer all your questions.

1. My open mesh router running Jasager w/ICS does not update itself that I'm aware of.

2. I think it would be possible to edit the .sh file or go into webif and change the SSID to WEP and then enable Karma. Maybe someone else who is more familiar with that could elaborate on that for me.

3. Clients can connected to the router and get internet from the attacker laptop. I think what you want to do with ettercap, there are already several scripts that do this with SSLStrip. During testing last night, I was able to maintain the ICS with great speeds for a while. I've noticed SSLStrip causes some slowness. There are tons of tutorials that should answer all your questions.

Great! I'll look into the code on the Fon, and see if I can change something.