Ubuntu 11.04

Ninja Monkey

decided to update my Ubuntu on my Grub2 USB but no matter what I try I cannot seem to get the ISO to boot.

Any help that can be given is appreciated.

Can you elaborate on your setup since Grub2 isnt the bootloader initially used in the Multi-pass

Elaboration as in starting with the conf file you used to boot the iso from grub2. Your posting was vague since it doesnt provide any information on your original installation and your expecting people who read this post to read your mind :)

I figured id post with something to get the ball rolling since i know how annoying it is to not get replies on something thats obviously stumping you.

What i can do is include my entry for grub4dos that works fine for me..

title Ubuntu Desktop\nv11.04 Desktop Install LiveCD Disk\nhttp://www.ubuntu.com/support\nThis will map to memory so will take a bit to load
map --mem /sisstem/segami/ubuntu-11.04-desktop-i386.iso (0xff)
map --hook
root (0xff)
kernel /casper/vmlinuz file=/preseed/ubuntu.seed boot=casper iso-scan/filename=/sisstem/segami/ubuntu-11.04-desktop-i386.iso quiet splash locale=en.UTF-8
initrd /casper/initrd.lz 
boot

Hope this helps..

D|g|ta|

Thanks, Well my original setup for booting ubuntu from ISO was but when I just swap the ISO to the 10.04 ISO it will not boot.

menuentry "Ubuntu Live 9.10 32bit" {
 loopback loop /boot/iso/ubuntu-9.10-desktop-i386.iso
 linux (loop)/casper/vmlinuz boot=casper iso-scan/filename=/boot/iso/ubuntu-9.10-desktop-i386.iso noeject noprompt --
 initrd (loop)/casper/initrd.lz
}

Dont you mean 11.04? From the entries it looks like its pointing to the old iso:

/boot/iso/ubuntu-9.10-desktop-i386.iso

Have you changed those entries to reflect the name of the new iso?

Thanks, Well my original setup for booting ubuntu from ISO was but when I just swap the ISO to the 10.04 ISO it will not boot.

linux (loop)/casper/vmlinuz boot=casper iso-scan/filename=/boot/iso/ubuntu-9.10-desktop-i386.iso noeject noprompt --
}

I have changed these entry's to the new ISO but still no luck at all it's very odd.

The entry you posted earlier:

}

try adding

file=/preseed/ubuntu.seed 

before the

boot=casper

And see if that works..

The changed entry should look like:

menuentry "Ubuntu LiveDVD 11.04 32bit" {
 loopback loop /boot/iso/ubuntu-11.04-desktop-i386.iso
 linux (loop)/casper/vmlinuz boot=casper iso-scan/filename=/boot/iso/ubuntu-11.04-desktop-i386.iso quiet splash locale=en.UTF-8 --
}

You should also have the ubuntu desktop iso in /boot/iso that being ubuntu-11.04-desktop-i386.iso ..

You should really read http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?showtopic=14105 and http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?showtopic=14179 .

You arent going to learn by people chewing your food for you...

• 1 month later...