Silica Type App

CompleteTech

Saw the episode from Defcon coverage and saw the Silica software from immunity inc. looks great. However, I am wondering if there other software out there that is all-in-one type software that I can run either on my macbook pro or in a virtual machine (running Parallels).

Thanks

Besides Silica, there is Backtrack but its all command line interface. It can also be run in a VM.

Edited by Infiltrator

• 3 weeks later...

Saw the episode from Defcon coverage and saw the Silica software from immunity inc. looks great. However, I am wondering if there other software out there that is all-in-one type software that I can run either on my macbook pro or in a virtual machine (running Parallels).

Thanks

if your looking for an interface based pen testing product and you cant afford immunitys silica

check out secpoint.

http://shop.secpoint.com/shop/the-portable-penetrator-357p.html

they sell various licence types. and the basic version [not the lite version] only lets you scan 1 ip per session.

and has no updates. the other versions have 3 years of updates an still 1 client scan.

the price goes up depending on how many concurrent scans you wish to have, IMHO

the immunity product is much better and will have greater support. iam not saying this product is FAIL

but its a quick and easy tool for the beedroom bound n00b who wants to be a "l33t haxor" with out having to learn

backtrack.