Tech Athlete Position At A Profitable Startup In Silicon Valley

rascalee

Let's get this out first. I'm not a recruiter; I'm the hiring manager. I'm not SPAM; I'm a real person. I'm coming here because the folks in this community are exactly the right pool where I'll find my candidate--hungry tech-savvy problem solvers! You can send a PM to me here or apply through the web site. I look forward to hearing from you. Not in the San Francisco Bay Area? That's not a problem. If you're the right candidate, we can explore relocation or working 100% remote.

Here's the pitch:

Inflection, a fast-growing e-commerce and marketing company, is looking for an agile, technology agnostic, and highly energetic software engineer for a full-time position at our corporate office in downtown Palo Alto. This Software Engineer will join a special team within Inflection responsible for rapid execution of new technology prototypes, mobile and social applications, ETL automation and internal tool development. You'll be working under the guidance of our Sr. Director of Engineering Operations to envision and build innovative new tools and technologies for new and emerging products, marketing channels, partnerships and business intelligence.

You embrace fast and flexible software engineering

Inflection’s profitability and market leadership depends on frequent releases and agile development techniques. You will be joining an extremely experienced team of developers, product managers, graphic designers, QA, and IT in a collaborative, fun, and fast-paced environment. We want to create the best products in our industry with fast and flexible software engineering while continuing to build scalable strategic platforms and foundation.

Responsibilities

Design and build mobile and social applications leveraging platform services, 3rd-party Web services and databases.

Stay current with emerging technologies for Web, mobile, and social application engineering

Build ETL automation and other scripting and automation toolsets for business intelligence and reporting.

Rapid design and implementation of scalable new marketing and product sites for traffic generation and/or e-commerce.

Develop detailed knowledge of our platform system and operations to support new technology initiatives and reporting.

Document and present code in regular code reviews.

You’re fast, fluent, and abundantly qualified:

BS in Computer Science or Engineering with demonstrated academic excellence

3+ years developing Web sites and applications that use databases

Expert knowledge of PHP and MySQL

Excellent knowledge of Javascript

Excellent understanding of software design and computer architecture

Good understanding of Linux as it relates to development and deployment of Web applications

Good understanding of CSS

Good understanding of Web application design principals to build for scale

Ability to quickly learn, understand and code in other programming languages such as PERL, Ruby, C#, Visual Basic, and Objective-C

Experience developing mobile or social applications is a big plus

Experience working with .NET and Microsoft SQL Server a plus

An incredible passion for technology that extends beyond software engineering

You believe that work and fun can, in fact, coexist:

Bored employees make boring products. At Inflection, there’s no such thing. We run big websites with millions of users, but we’re allergic to the sterile and cold corporate culture. Work and life should definitely be buddies, so we’re serious about cultivating a fab work environment. To wit:

Our headquarters are smack dab in the middle of Palo Alto, California, across from Stanford and near many of the best and brightest companies in the Silicon Valley. Getting here is a breeze, too. We’re right across from the Caltrain station and we pay for your tickets with the GO Pass program.

The team is as diverse as it is skilled: talented designers, superstar engineers, Silicon Valley vets, and entrepreneurs galore.

We like to be happy. Especially in the post-work hour-long format.

There’s enough free food and drink at hand to feed a small army. Plus, lunch at Whole Foods is on us every day.

We’re serious about being ethical and responsible citizens and business people. For example, we make a charitable donation with each product release.

We’ve got a sailing club. If you never thought you’d be on a boat, here’s your chance.

We care about results, and understand that people get there in their own unique way. You can define your own work path, work with others to set deadlines, and there’s significant work from home flexibility.

Learn more at http://inflection.com/careers/