Tutorial Wim Image Files Wimfltr.sys Windows Image File Filter Driver Command Line Install

Tutorial WIM image files wimfltr.sys Windows Image File Filter Driver command line install

I have an H drive ( using junction to link C:\users\internet\Documents\my dropbox to h:\ ) I wanted to easily update files that triggerd AV so I zipped them up. I update the zip often and was testing for other options and this is what I tried.

* h:\junction.exe -s "C:\users\internet\Documents\my dropbox" h: this is howto change location of dropbox sync :)

* google for the drivers ImageX_x86

* install the driver

rundll32 syssetup,SetupInfObjectInstallAction DefaultInstall 128 .\ImageX_x86\wimfltr.inf

* create an image of a DRIVE ( cannot be mapped drive OR junction 'ln for windows' )

.\ImageX_x86\imagex.exe /capture d:\ c:\twf.wim "WIM Compress" /compress maximum

* umount image

.\ImageX_x86\imagex.exe /unmount /commit c:\cygwin

* mount image

.\ImageX_x86\imagex.exe /mountrw .\cygwin.wim 1 c:\mount

* even with 'maximum' compresstion images are larger then the source files in most cases... ???

* 80meg zip of Cygwin ~300 unzipped becomes 600 WIM file ???

* requires admin rights to install drivers but still beats zipping and unzipping items that trigger AV

reference: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library...28WS.10%29.aspx