VPS Hosting Suggestions

jkdelauney

I've been looking into options for VPS hosting, and thought I'd ask you all if you had any favorite companies, or ones I should just avoid. I asked this via Twitter, and for the most part got nothing useful, so here's what I'm looking for/not looking for.

First and foremost, the company must offer FreeBSD as a guest OS. I'm not interested in a company that does something else, but if I give them an ISO file they'll install it. I also am not interested in running CentOS, Debian, Fedora, Slack, or any other Linux distro.

I only really need 128MB for the server, though more RAM for no more money isn't something I'll complain about.

10GB of disk space is fine, but again more space if it doesn't cost more, is awesome.

Monthly bandwidth isn't that much of an issue at the moment. Most companies seem to offer at least 100GB, and that is fine.

I only need one IPv4 address, I don't want to pay for more. I would LIKE to have the option of at least one IPv6 address, but that's not a deal breaker as I don't NEED it right now, and tunneling is my friend.

I'm not looking for managed hosting, I can run it myself, though having support staff I can bounce questions off of is a plus. Which means root is mine, not just sudo.

So far I'm looking at JohnCompanies and RootBSD. In both cases their basic package is enough.

Obviously no contracts and no setup fees is preferred, but if the deal is good enough it might not be a deal breaker.

I'm actually more interested in 'stay away' opinions than 'they're good' opinions, but either is appreciated.