BIOS is gone... I think

clickerman

OK so I had taken my computer to a RSO (Resident Student Organization) super bowl party where we took the cable and ran it through my computer then to a projector. I didn't connect to any networks while i was there, and my computer doesn't have wireless. While we were trying to shut down some of the over head lights with the circuit breakers and someone hit the breaker that my computer was on. when this happened my computers power supply died and got some what crispy. so I got a new power supply from a friend and this bios would start but wouldn't go any further. Than the Asus splash screen, so I tried to flash the BIOS a couple times and that did nothing. Then when i tried starting it another time the POST beep was faded and I almost couldn't hear it. then this little guy showed up on the screen.

n1478640052_30021915_613.jpg

I'm figuring this is a virus and I'm going to try and rewrite the BIOS chip with software from the ASUS site, I doubt this is gonna do anything, but it's worth a shot. If anyone has any suggestions or comments about this, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

OK so I had taken my computer to a RSO (Resident Student Organization) super bowl party where we took the cable and ran it through my computer then to a projector. I didn't connect to any networks while i was there, and my computer doesn't have wireless. While we were trying to shut down some of the over head lights with the circuit breakers and someone hit the breaker that my computer was on. when this happened my computers power supply died and got some what crispy. so I got a new power supply from a friend and this bios would start but wouldn't go any further. Than the Asus splash screen, so I tried to flash the BIOS a couple times and that did nothing. Then when i tried starting it another time the POST beep was faded and I almost couldn't hear it. then this little guy showed up on the screen.

n1478640052_30021915_613.jpg

I'm figuring this is a virus and I'm going to try and rewrite the BIOS chip with software from the ASUS site, I doubt this is gonna do anything, but it's worth a shot. If anyone has any suggestions or comments about this, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

I'v seen some memory sticks/mp3 players come with boot sectors when when booted do some thing similar. ctrl+alt+delete + unplug mp3 player/memory stick.

Thank you Sparda! I removed my newest memory stick and everything worked great. I just got the memory stick last week and it worked fine for a while but only registered 1.25G instead of the full 2G I just thought it was a overhead issue. Thank you again!!!