Motion Dectection Webcam

StarchyPizza

Okay so I have a webcam set up in my room for hakstalkers.com. But during the day when I am not there I would like to make this into a "security cam" for my room, no real need, just something to mess with.

So what I am asking is for a program that will detect motion on my room. But then alert me or at least save the video to my computer.

Please keep in mind I need free, as I do not want to spend money on this.

i use mobiscope its fully customizable, lets you set the motion sensitivity, you can set it to take snapshots at selected intervals upon motion detection, you can have it send you and sms or email to your phone and even login remotely from your web enabled phone, device, or another computer and see what ever the webcam sees, or view the recorded video or snapshots, it will also support pan, tilt, and zoom functions. i use it on my laptops integrated webcams when im not home. just turn the screen off and leave it run and noone will ever know what its doing. very covert.

i use mobiscope its fully customizable, lets you set the motion sensitivity, you can set it to take snapshots at selected intervals upon motion detection, you can have it send you and sms or email to your phone and even login remotely from your web enabled phone, device, or another computer and see what ever the webcam sees, or view the recorded video or snapshots, it will also support pan, tilt, and zoom functions. i use it on my laptops integrated webcams when im not home. just turn the screen off and leave it run and noone will ever know what its doing. very covert.

is it free?

and i don't use linux so i can't use zoneminder.