PDF Exchange?

Tek

Hey guys. This is my first post here and I have a quick question. I am getting ready to deploy to Iraq next month and am looking for a shit load of Tech Books (mainly Information Security, certifications, hacking, etc.) in the form of .PDFs to take over there with me.

I was just wondering if doing a .PDF exchange violated any copy-rite laws or infringement laws or anything? If a friend wanted to borrow one of your books, you'd lend it to him/her, right? So what's different about doing a .PDF exchange? 98% of the books that I've purchased came with a PDF copy of the book.

If this does not violate any laws, I'm very much interested in exchanging books. Most of the .PDFs that I have are on Network & Security certifications. CEH, CCNA, Security+, etc. I am looking for titles (such as "Hacking Exposed, 5th Edition") on CISSP, Project Management, Security Policies, Capstone Project, UA Systems & Role-Based Security, Firewalls, and pretty much anything published on Networks, Information Security, Hacking, and IT-Certifications. I would prefer that books not be more than a year old (2007).

If you are interested in doing an exchange, please leave me a message on here. I only have a couple of weeks before I leave so I would like to exchange ASAP.

Thanks,

Tek

Exchanging PDFs usually entails that you are exchanging copywrited material, so in essence yes you are violating copywrite laws. The books you have purchased that came with .PDFs are meant for your sole viewer ship, that is of course if the company doesn't know about it.

Go to google books and do an advance search for full books. Then you can get a PDF version and not have to worrie about laws and what not.

Example

http://books.google.com/books?as_q=Network...y=&as_isbn=

Get em' while you can.. And depending on the FOB you are located at you will have internet, wether it be from some iraqie wifi or military satelite. Of course if you are on patoral you will not have it, but the larger FOBs like in baghdad and what not have internet for you to use. Maybe invest in a PDA of sorts and a large SD card so you can read them while you are away from large power supplies..

Yea, I'm purchasing an iPhone for that sole purpose. Even though the cell phone may or may not work, I'll still be able to access Skype (assuming we have internet) and make calls that way. I'm searching Google Books now. Also checked some other locations but I do not have access to my main internet connection at the moment so searching is rather slow. I'm using a Bluetooth connection to access my cell phone and using the phone as a modem. I'd rather have dial-up. Lol