Find Password

Bopo

Hey peeps

Well I bought myself a cruzer titanium pen drive to mostly store documents on, however I decided to password protect it and have come back to my desk to realise I have totally forgotten the password :(

Just wondering if anyone knowns a method of getting into these before I an hero, as I just wrote & saved a word document within it.

Cheers

According to the manual that came with my Cruzer Titanium Plus, it says that if you forget your password you must format the drive. There is no service to restore passwords, and there really is no way to view them, as far as I know.

I think you should keep trying to remember the password. If you really can't, your only option is to format and try and remember the Word document you wrote, then write it again.

Hey peeps

Well I bought myself a cruzer titanium pen drive to mostly store documents on, however I decided to password protect it and have come back to my desk to realise I have totally forgotten the password :(

Just wondering if anyone knowns a method of getting into these before I an hero, as I just wrote & saved a word document within it.

Cheers

Probably, you must do it, formatting again the pen drive... :angry:

Oh well, its just 1 word document I want from it, as I cut and pasted it onto my pen drive and its like 10 pages of typing, well I have tried system restore, looking for .tmp files, using data recover apps, running out of ideas <_< I cant try brute force as I only have 5 attempts before its locked permanently.

Oh well, its just 1 word document I want from it, as I cut and pasted it onto my pen drive and its like 10 pages of typing, well I have tried system restore, looking for .tmp files, using data recover apps, running out of ideas <_< I cant try brute force as I only have 5 attempts before its locked permanently.

So you do not know the password to the drive its self or is there a back up .zip that we can work with? If there is nothing to personal you can dd an image and i will play around with it. Also I do not know how the encryption is done on the drive, but maybe you can run some type of recovery software against it, like recuva.

• 2 weeks later...
So you do not know the password to the drive its self or is there a back up .zip that we can work with? If there is nothing to personal you can dd an image and i will play around with it. Also I do not know how the encryption is done on the drive, but maybe you can run some type of recovery software against it, like recuva.

Unfortunately the encrytion on USb keys like these is fairly strong against recva, from personal experiance piriform make good software but recuva is for simple "i emptied a file i want from the recycle bin" scenarios

id honestly google it if you havent already, try encryption/password breaking on <USB name here>

best of luck mate