Jump to content

Vista business remote desktop doesn't work


nite_monkey
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am having trouble with the remote desktop on my computer.

It is running Windows Vista Business with SP1 installed.

I have remote desktop turned on, the windows firewall is set to allow remote desktop, and all the services for remote desktop are working.

I've used the netstat command, and my computer isn't even listening on port 3389.

under the event viewer I have an error message that says:

Source: TerminalServices-LocalSessionManager

Event ID: 1048

Error Message: Terminal Service start failed. The relevant status code was Error: 0xc004f012.

My computer is activated, and it is genuine validated, I have googled this problem, and I can't seem to find anything that works. I was hoping the Hak community could help me out here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

go to "services" in "administration tools" in the control panel and see if you can manually start the terminal services, terminal services configuration, and terminal services usermode port redirector. if that dosnt work it may be an issue with your teredo/ipv6 components or settings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

go to "services" in "administration tools" in the control panel and see if you can manually start the terminal services, terminal services configuration, and terminal services usermode port redirector. if that dosnt work it may be an issue with your teredo/ipv6 components or settings.

I started the configuration and usermode port redirector. It didn't solve the problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

Hi nite_monkey

i've been tracing all you post related to this problem all over the internet. I had the exactly same problem as you do and I solved this probelm.

The key is that you have a wrong version of your termsrv.dll file. I don't know why you replaced your termsrv.dll but if I am correct, the file you have is for Vista while you have Vista SP1 running.

the version of your dll file could be 6.0.6000.xxxx and the correct one should be 6.0.6001.xxxx

so here is the solution: you need a termsrv.dll from a vista sp1 machine, rename the old file you have on your own machine, and copy the sp1 file to your machine.

the location of the dll file is @ %winows%/system32/

I can't upload the file here, so hope you can find one on other website.

I suppose it's helpful to try this keyword for searching the file. "vista sp1 remote desktop multiple user"

good luck!

//Ryan AnChin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...