Vista business remote desktop doesn't work

nite_monkey

I am having trouble with the remote desktop on my computer.

It is running Windows Vista Business with SP1 installed.

I have remote desktop turned on, the windows firewall is set to allow remote desktop, and all the services for remote desktop are working.

I've used the netstat command, and my computer isn't even listening on port 3389.

under the event viewer I have an error message that says:

Source: TerminalServices-LocalSessionManager

Event ID: 1048

Error Message: Terminal Service start failed. The relevant status code was Error: 0xc004f012.

My computer is activated, and it is genuine validated, I have googled this problem, and I can't seem to find anything that works. I was hoping the Hak community could help me out here.

go to "services" in "administration tools" in the control panel and see if you can manually start the terminal services, terminal services configuration, and terminal services usermode port redirector. if that dosnt work it may be an issue with your teredo/ipv6 components or settings.

go to "services" in "administration tools" in the control panel and see if you can manually start the terminal services, terminal services configuration, and terminal services usermode port redirector. if that dosnt work it may be an issue with your teredo/ipv6 components or settings.

I started the configuration and usermode port redirector. It didn't solve the problem.

• 5 months later...

Hi nite_monkey

i've been tracing all you post related to this problem all over the internet. I had the exactly same problem as you do and I solved this probelm.

The key is that you have a wrong version of your termsrv.dll file. I don't know why you replaced your termsrv.dll but if I am correct, the file you have is for Vista while you have Vista SP1 running.

the version of your dll file could be 6.0.6000.xxxx and the correct one should be 6.0.6001.xxxx

so here is the solution: you need a termsrv.dll from a vista sp1 machine, rename the old file you have on your own machine, and copy the sp1 file to your machine.

the location of the dll file is @ %winows%/system32/

I can't upload the file here, so hope you can find one on other website.

I suppose it's helpful to try this keyword for searching the file. "vista sp1 remote desktop multiple user"

good luck!

//Ryan AnChin