All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. anode

Quirks and Qs

Just got one in. Thought it would be a good device to run bsside-ng with. Found you NEED to use absolute path to any binary called in payloads.txt/sh besside-ng is dumping its cap files in /overlay/upper/ -- any way to change this to /root/loot ? Really needs a second USB port or SD card slot. Internal space is rather limited. (i guess its meant to be used with the C2? kinda limiting, no?) If its a signal intel device, its going to produce logs. 30MB is tight. Multi color LED would have been nice too.
  3. I found another thread that suggested the WiFi Pineapple manual upgrade method, https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360025819673-Manual-Firmware-Installation, and it worked.
  4. The WiFi Pineapple method is the only way I could get my Packet Squirrel to upgrade.
  5. so from: ps aux | grep -e 'dhclient' -e 'wpa_supplicant' | grep -v grep wpa_supplicant is running, but from iwconfig Access Point: Not-Associated means that you are not connected to the access point. You could try manually connecting to the AP from the command line. you should do a google for wpa_supplicant.conf cause there's a lot of different formats for that file depending on how the security is setup on your wifi. A quick search I found this from here, https://coderwall.com/p/v290ta/raspberry-pi-wifi-setup-with-wpa2-psk-aes (it might or might not work) ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev update_config=1 network={ ssid="replace_with_your_ssid" psk="replace_with_your_password" proto=RSN key_mgmt=WPA-PSK pairwise=CCMP group=CCMP auth_alg=OPEN } Then save that in a file called wpa_supplicant.conf. Kill the old wpa service and start a new one with the new file $ sudo killall wpa_supplicant $ sudo /sbin/wpa_supplicant -i wlp3s0 -c /path/to/wpa_supplicant.conf I'm hoping the dhcp client will start after you connect to the AP. If you still don't get an ip addr after you successfully connect to the AP, then you need to run dhclient to get an ip address. $ sudo /sbin/dhclient wlp3s0 you can check to see if the ip got assigned with this command $ ifconfig wlp3s0 You should see a line that says "inet' with your new assigned ip address.
  6. I got to do a little more testing today and I further discovered that my owl is no longer interacting with the USB port at all. If I press the button while the payload is running, it does not copy any onformation to the USB stick. I can not do a firmware upgrade either, it skips right over the firmware loading sequence and if a script calls for an extension, the owl isn't sourcing the extensions directory. At this point I am sure it is malfunctioning though I don't know if it is software or hardware at this point. If there was a way to reset the device, I could explore further, but at this point I believe I have reached the end of the line. To test if you are having problems wit the Signal Owl interacting with the USB storage you can... 1. Place a payload.txt file on the root directory of a USB flash drive and insert it into the "hot" USB port on the owl. When you boot the owl, the payload file should be copied over automatically and overwrite the existing file if one already exists. 2. Place a file in the /root/loot/ directory on the owl, then reboot. At some point, after the payload is running, press the button once. This should copy the contents of the /root/loot/ directory to the USB Drive. 3. if the above both fail, you could try to flash the firmware as as detailed on the hak5 docs page, but only as a last resort. If any of these steps fail to work properly or in my case, all three do not work, then I can say with confidence the device is not working as intended. tecno
  7. I've not had any luck with the Signal Owl mounting a USB drive since following the initial setup instructions. To get payloads in place, I've been using the PSFTP utility to connect to the Owl. This method isn't likely going to help you since need to re-flash the firmware. Plan to test out the USB drive more this weekend. Keep the info coming so we can continue to learn from each other. 🙂
  8. Thanks Merlintime, I suspect you ar right on target with this assessment. After further testing with my owl, I find it isn't sourcing the extension directory at all. Neither is it reading the mounted USB storage for the firmwaree upgrade file. Sadly I suspect some core file corruption or a hardware issue. I'm going to give it one more weekend of testing and see if I can get anywhere with it. Good Luck tcno
  9. Hi Darren, is there a way to do a factory reset to the Signal Owl? Thank you, best regards.
  10. I suggest you open a new thread so people can follow along with your issue and properly troubleshoot it. Not everyone will see your reply here since it's further down the thread.
  11. I find that it wasn't necessary to have the /root/payload/extensions/wifi_connect.sh file rename to WIFI_CONNECT.sh. This file creates a WIFI_CONNECT function and exports this function for the payload during the session. For me, a key step was making the following files executable. /root/payload/payload.txt /root/payload/extensions/wifi_connect.sh <-- Used with the WiFi-Connect payload On a slightly different note, I also found the USB port would extend to a USB hub which should allow additional devices (SDR, GPS, etc) to be connected. You provided good information which helped point me in the right direction to get the Signal Owl up and running with a simple payload. I also recommend people check out Darren's Tutorial Video to help explain the LED sequences. I noticed the video after spending a little too much time figuring out the sequences to get into arming mode. Looking forward to some awesome payloads the community develops.
  12. From my experience, not even formatting it to ext4 worked. As others had suggested, going in via SSH and using the 'reformat_usb' command did the trick. Although that resulted in me having to copy the upgrade file over as root to the flash drive on a standalone PC using a GNU/Linux distro (Virtualbox was being a little buggy with mounting the drive to begin with). Or just use the manual upgrade method for the WiFi Pineapple as suggested above. Less effort.
  13. This has been seen by a few users. I would recommend downloading the upgrade bin for 2.5.4 then doing a OTA upgrade to 2.6.0 You can't SSH into a tetra that has not completed initial setup as you have not set a password yet.
  14. Or ext4? https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360010553913-USB-Flash-Disk-Support
  15. I have. Just follow the manual upgrade for Pineapple.
  16. Hi all I tried to follow a few tutorials and seems like they all assume the SD card has some file(s) on it, some mentioned inject.bin It's empty and I downloaded duckencoder.jar but I cannot do anything to inject it. Where can I download the missing files? Many thanks
  17. I'm not saying is practical just the concept. Would it not be possible if someone had the CC to use the card at one location while someone spoofed the GPS data to the owners device so once a transaction took place the app would think all is good? (again not practical just a wild possibility I suppose)
  18. @jebjeb looks like @Bob123 might be the person with some good help for you. Im sure it can be done. As long as you can get 3G signal within the building and some source of power converted to USB for the lan turtle. Just not super familiar with how PLCs connect over Ethernet. I would do some checking on the lan turtle OpenVPN module as that would be how to connect back to the lan turtle for your PLC program unless it supports another protocol like SSH, etc.
  19. You unzipped the update before copying to your Bash Bunny? I think @kdodge is meaning that it being that hot is not a normal condition...
  20. You could also show more of the error message from openocd. Maybe there are some more clues too.
  21. I am not a great expert on how openocd works, but it might be a configuration file problem. Are you using the makefile from the repository? and which OS are you doing this on? You might try to run the flashing command from the makefile by hand, and change path or names of the config files to something more appropriate for your system.
  22. There is absolutely no smoke. It just got very hot while it was plugged in the power source while i was trying to recover
  23. I downloaded the update on my system and copied it on the BB.
  24. Oh what brand just out of curiosity? I've proved this on AB products but I'm sure Siemens and Modicon would work just fine as well.
  25. I've done this before with OpenVPN and it works just fine. I have a lan turtle that I've tested this with but only with a wired Ethernet connection. If you can get the lan turtle 3g to connect via cellular and get it either on the same network as the one you or your software is on, or use a vpn like openvpn then you'll have it made. I have run into a very similar situation as you. Only the customer did give me a wired connection. Saved me from many 8 hour round trips of driving!
  26. I received mine yesterday. Been trying to get it to go half of last night, most of today. As soon as I got, I downloaded the new firmware, I placed that onto a USB stick, then placed that in the signals host port. plugged it into power, waited till the flashing LEDs displayed, held down the button, let go, waited 20 minutes as it seemed to stop doing anything other than long 3 seconds off, 2 seconds on (ERR) message. No Wifi at all. I added a payload, nothing happened. I tried to get it into arming mode. Its the only thing I haven't seen, double flashing lights. It usually just ends up in Error, but it also goes to NO LED at all for extended periods. So Im not sure what the hell is going on. Ive tried multiple presses on SELECT, Ive tried Long presses on select, short ones, double taps, tripple taps. Nothing seems to get this puppy out of box. I think its time to put in a ticket, but it pains me to do so, cos my first pineapple had similar issues with not being quite all there at all.
  1. Load more activity