Rubber Ducky Won't Enter DFU Mode

reonordo

I bought the USB Rubber Ducky, and it appears that I cannot get it to go into DFU mode. After taking the Micro SD card out, I hold the black button and stick it into my PC, but all I see is a solid red LED on the Ducky. I'm trying to get it to go into DFU mode so I can get Twin Ducks but the DFU mode isn't working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't even think the button works. The script works fine, but when I press the button again, it doesn't run the script again. I might have gotten a faulty Ducky and in that case I can't flash the Duck without holding it down. Is there a way to bypass this or to make it go into DFU mode by another means?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2016 at 2:47 PM, Janowar said:

Short out the connectors on the bottom of the replay button with metal like scissors or something - that lets it go to DFU mode till you head something official. That solved the issue for me though quite crudely.

Can you explain further or make a video tutorial on how to do it because I don't quite understand how to short the connectors.

7 hours ago, reonordo said:

Can you explain further or make a video tutorial on how to do it because I don't quite understand how to short the connectors.

Shorting out 2 points on a circuit board basically means connecting them together with something conductive so that electricity passes between the 2.

In this case, find the solder points on the bottom of the Ducky that attach the replay button on. Link them together with something metal.

*edit* If you are unsure what you are doing, don't try this. Shorting out points on a circuit board can sometimes lead to bricking, if you touch the wrong ones.

Edited by haze1434

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I am also seeing the solid red LED when I plug in the duck, SD card installed and not not installed.  

I tried putting it into DFU mode, but if I hold the button in while plugging it in the LED does not light at all.

I verified the switch was working with a meter.  I check several places in the forums and have not found anything that actually calls out what the various colors mean, and the differences between solid and flashing.

So I got the Ducky to flash, by following a posting by IllWill.  

I still would like to know what the different colors of LED mean.  My "Hello World" payload is not running and the LED is flashing between Green and "Amber?"

Somewhere it was stated that flashing green meant it was communicating and flashing red meant it could not read the SD card.  The way my is flashing it might be solid green with flashing red, but that is hard to tell