Bash Bunny Mark II

Harshil
Go to solution Solved by dark_pyrro,

So if I put the bunny in either switch position all that happens is a green light illuminates for a couple seconds that's it absolutely nothing after that.  I am able to use it  in arming mode and that's it. 

I tried to execute below payload the default one that is also not working.

# System default payload
LED B SLOW
ATTACKMODE SERIAL STORAGE

Define "not working". In what way isn't that payload working? What are you expecting to happen, and what does actually happen? Not possible to serial into the Bunny using that payload? Not showing up as a storage device on the target device?

What other payloads have you tried?

Are you using a Micro SD card?

So after executing this payload blue led light should blink but instead green light illuminates for few seconds after that its absolutely nothing. 

I have tried to open notepad and print hello world on it but that also is not executing. No, I am not using Micro SD card.

• Solution

The only thing I can think of is that the hardware switch is faulty. Otherwise, that shouldn't be an issue at all if all steps are executed properly. I don't think it is faulty though because it should blink blue in arming mode as well, not green.

To test the hardware switch, boot the Bunny in arming mode and serial into it
Safely unmount the Bunny storage from the target computer (i.e. the computer that the Bunny is attached to), but do not physically remove it from the computer
In the serial terminal, run:
udisk mount
cd /root/udisk/payloads/extensions
source ./get.sh
GET SWITCH_POSITION && echo $SWITCH_POSITION
it should return "switch3"
flip the hardware switch of the Bunny to the middle position (with the Bunny still plugged in to the computer) and run the same command again
it should return "switch2"
flip the hardware switch of the Bunny to the position that is most far from the USB connector (with the Bunny still plugged in to the computer) and run the same command again
it should return "switch1"

then run
cd
udisk unmount

• Like 1

All the below steps were done

udisk mount
cd /root/udisk/payloads/extensions
source ./get.sh
GET SWITCH_POSITION && echo $SWITCH_POSITION
it should return "switch3"
flip the hardware switch of the Bunny to the middle position (with the Bunny still plugged in to the computer) and run the same command again
it should return "switch2"
flip the hardware switch of the Bunny to the position that is most far from the USB connector (with the Bunny still plugged in to the computer) and run the same command again
it should return "switch1

then run
cd
udisk unmount

All the steps were done perfectly. But still after executing this payload

I tried to execute below payload the default one that is also not working.

# System default payload
LED B SLOW
ATTACKMODE SERIAL STORAGE

So if I put the bunny in either switch position all that happens is a green light illuminates for a couple seconds that's it absolutely nothing after that.

What system are you testing this on?

Also if you don't mind post what you used for your hello world test