Nano will not update due to moved address

Greml1n

Hi

I received a nano a while ago and had put it away due to personal pressing matters.

I went to test it and the unit won't update the firm. It looks like the web address that it links to is no longer valid or has moved (wifipineapple.com). Looks like all the old Hak5 weblinks are different and its affecting my unit. How do i upgrade the firm if the unit is trying to use a moved address? there is no option on my version to upgrade manually. I can still get to the pineapple hub though (the dash). Keep in mind the firm on it right now is from 2016. Am I SOL?

thanks 

That's for sure an old firmware version. Seems like no one has used that Nano since the model was first released.

The domain should be up, but I haven't used (or upgraded) my Nano for quite a while now so some parts of it might have been taken down.

I guess it should be possible to use splitweb and sysupgrade on the Nano just like on the Mark VII (and other OpenWrt based devices) to do a manual upgrade.

odd thing is the general command hub and auditing panel seems to be at least working. Just wont update. I suppose the old firm panel can still be used.....just not for any updated features?! I see nearby networks and the like on the panel. It should be still functional as is just not up to date if I assume correctly yes?

Anyway thanks for the reply!

If I got you correctly....the Mark VII firm update can indeed be used on the nano?

From that I guess I still have basic functionality?!

G

/

4 hours ago, Greml1n said:

It should be still functional as is just not up to date if I assume correctly yes?

If it's up and running it can be defined as "functional". However, there are a bunch of fw updates from 2016 and up to the latest available, so you will be missing fixes and features for sure if running on a fw from 2016.

4 hours ago, Greml1n said:

If I got you correctly....the Mark VII firm update can indeed be used on the nano?

That totally incorrect. What I said was

On 1/16/2024 at 8:20 AM, dark_pyrro said:

I guess it should be possible to use splitweb and sysupgrade on the Nano just like on the Mark VII (and other OpenWrt based devices) to do a manual upgrade.

as in referring to the method of doing manual upgrades of firmware. I didn't in any way say that the Mark VII firmware was possible to use on the Nano (because it isn't).