Unable to connect to pineAP if "Capture SSIDs to Pool"

cexshun

For some reason, if pineAP is set to either/or

• Capture SSIDs to Pool
  • Beacon Response

I am unable to connect to any AP running on the pineapple. If I attempt to connect to either the open AP or to one of the collected SSIDs broadcasting, it attempts to connect then fails.

Filters set to Deny/Deny.

If I turn off one of the above options off, I can connect fine and use the AP as expected. The collected SSIDs continue to broadcast and can be connected to. I just cannot connect while SSIDs are being collected.

Am I misunderstanding how these features work?

Mine always works, but just to show you I will go ahead and remove those from my settings and see if there is a difference. 

Screenshot 2021-10-10 201710 (Forums).png

Running pineAP is active mode is also not allowing clients to connect. 

Pine connected in AP client mode for internet. 

Whether I connect to the open AP or to one of the cloned SSIDs. From several laptops and phones, they attempt to connect then fail.

Struggling with this one as it's sort of a crucial feature.

Looking at iwconfig, I wonder if this has something to do running out of wlan.

wlan0 is acting as the open AP.

wlan2 is a wifi client to my AP to provide internet.

So the recon/scan/broadcast AND client connections cannot both share wlan1, right?

In order to do this, I either need a USB wifi/ethernet, or ICS with a PC in order to do all of these at the same time. Is my thinking correct? I don't have enough radios?

System logs showing the following:

Sun Oct 22:50:22 2021  daemon.warn  dnsmasq-dhcp1928  no address range available for DHCP request via wlan2

Sun Oct 22:52:20 2021 daemon.notice hostapd wlan0: STA redacted IEEE 802.11: did not acknowledge authentication response
Sun Oct 22:52:19 2021 daemon.debug hostapd  wlan0: STA redacted MLME: MLME-DELETEKEYS.request(redacted)
Sun Oct 22:52:19 2021 daemon.debug hostapd wlan0: STA redacted MLME: MLME-AUTHENTICATE.indication(redacted, OPEN_SYSTEM)
Sun Oct 22:52:19 2021 daemon.debug hostapd wlan0: STA redacted IEEE 802.11: authentication OK (open system)

2 hours ago, cexshun said:

is active mode is also not allowing clients to connect. 

I use my router (Internet connection Mode) exclusively and have no issues doing anything on it. Whenever I try to share access with it (go to network connections, find the Pineapple (AXIS something) and share it with my ethernet (I am directly connected, not to Wi-Fi), and  it breaks my internet. 

• 2 months later...

I posted the same question/concern for having the same issues in another post but if someone can answer or solve it please let me know. Here is what I discovered on my own. 

Yes I am having the same issue as well. When I leave "Allow Associates" turned on but keep PineAP Daemon off my clients can connect to associated ssids just fine. However I would like to use the broadcast feature. I turned on PineAp and then checked on Beacon responses, Capture SSIDs, and Broad Cast SSIDs. While it works with Capturing the SSIDs and Broadcasting them my clients can no longer connect. The moment I turn PineAP off they can connect but only with Associates. I would like to try to broadcast the SSSID pool and have it so that clients can connect to them. The filters are set to Deny/Deny and have no Mac filters in them so it cannot be a filter related issue as like I said before. If I turn PineAP off, clients can connect with associates just not when I broadcast the pool with PineAP. I am using the latest version 1.1.1 let me know if there is something I am not doing or a work around for it. But if not and I just need to wait for an update then so be it. 

Archived