help: digital signature on a file

bluntm

hi all, need some help.

im trying to write an app in C# that will check if a file has a digital signature, i have been looking online and not find much. i have the basic of the app made such as a link list of all the files and there locations on the machine, all i need is some code that i can loop through that will check if the file has a digital signature.

ok sorry about the first post, a co-worker had some code for checking the file. now the issuse that i have is that the code that checks the file is running in an other app. i can call the other app in my program but when i call the other app it only flashes up in the dos prompt for a second then disapears, i need to find a way of ether keeping it displayed on the screen or storing it to a varable and calling that in my program. any througths on how i could do this.

Does the app allow redirects? Like using a switch output to a text file, then displaying the text file.

ex:

echo some text to > file.txt

If you can directs its output to a file then you can do what you want with the output.

ok sorry about the first post, a co-worker had some code for checking the file. now the issuse that i have is that the code that checks the file is running in an other app. i can call the other app in my program but when i call the other app it only flashes up in the dos prompt for a second then disapears, i need to find a way of ether keeping it displayed on the screen or storing it to a varable and calling that in my program. any througths on how i could do this.

well what does the console app actually do? why does it open a close really fast? It has to do something with the data it gets, otherwise its pointless...

Is it a command line app, where if you ran it from cmd.exe you would see some output? command line apps have that behavior where if you try to just run them they will flash on the screen real quick and close... However if you run cmd.exe and then cd to the directory where it is contained, then execute it. It will show you some output of what its doing, or help screen that shows you what parameters you can give it etc...

How does your co-worker use the app? Is the console app coded in .NET as well? all these details are important. As Crash said you are being to general and not giving enough info for anyone to come up with a solution!

I would reverse engineer the program and see what its doing... Then get back to us.

hi sorry for not givin more info, the company i work for digital sign all file so that they have X.509 Certificates, i managed to get the source code for the app that check if the file was signed. iv now added this to my orignal app which was checking the file version and checking if the file exists. thanks for the effort guys sorry i didnt give more info at the start, wasnt to sure of all the facts myself at the start.