Will you get up and vote this US election?

Deags

Will you get up and vote this US election?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Will you get up and vote this US election?

• Yes
    • Yes, for the first time.
    • No.
    • No, for the first time.
    • Kinda (refer to Today Now!)
    • Not American, Too Young

As an Australian I am curious to see the voter turnout for your election. I would be thinking the black voter turnout would be higher than usual for obvious reasons. Where i there I would vote as I believe if you don't vote, you have no right to complain about the state of matters. I know one vote may not make a difference but I feel it's a civic duty to vote.

I'm not old enough, but even if I was, I would not.

:blink:

How old are you? I allways thought you were one of the adults around here...and a more positive role model.

Well, if you are underage, at least you carry yourself like a mature adult. An example some of the other young ones around here could learn to live by. Only goes to show you can't stereotype hackers(or people in general), at any age level.

:blink:

How old are you? I allways thought you were one of the adults around here...and a more positive role model.

Well, if you are underage, at least you carry yourself like a mature adult. An example some of the other young ones around here could learn to live by. Only goes to show you can't stereotype hackers(or people in general), at any age level.

The ammount of media coverage the US election is getting in the UK, i think we should be able to vote. We probably know more than alot of the US voters by now.

I still dont get why there is soo much coverage of it in the UK, does CNN come on and say "David Milliband has announced...", no, they dont.

The ammount of media coverage the US election is getting in the UK, i think we should be able to vote. We probably know more than alot of the US voters by now.

I still dont get why there is soo much coverage of it in the UK, does CNN come on and say "David Milliband has announced...", no, they dont.

Are you saying you know more about America than this Lady.

I AM voting. And I'm extremely interested in how this year turns out. I may end up moving to Canada if it gets bad...

But hopefully our citizens are smart this year, compared to last time!

It's pretty obvious that McCain and Palin are just another Bush team. I hope people really do the research and dig deep this year to find the truths about who they are voting for. McCains policy on healthcare is just one of many reasons you shouldn't vote for him. Most people don't even know about the hidden costs associated with his "$5000.00" a year plan. It's not good for any family let alone a single parent or individual, and will only eliminate the sick(Pre existing conditions) as well as add a new tax on your pay while you NEVER see any of the money they tax you on at the end of the year.

"McCain replaces the employer health tax credit with a one-size fits all tax credit of $5,000 per family ($2,500 tax credit for individuals) for the first year. And while this credit may assist a limited number of families who currently lack any kind of health insurance, workers who receive a higher tax subsidy through employer-based plans would experience a tax increase; Americans with pre-existing medical conditions would either be locked-out of the system by the prohibitive costs of insurance in the individual market or fail to find insurance that covers their conditions."- http://wonkroom.thinkprogress.org/2008/05/...sjmccainhealth/

http://wonkroom.thinkprogress.org/2008/04/...e-tax-increase/

"The 71 percent of insured Americans who get their health coverage through their employers now enjoy a significant advantage because the money spent by employers on their health coverage is excluded from their taxable income. If employers chose to pay that share of a worker's compensation as wages rather than benefits, the income would be taxable." - http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/01/us/politics/01mccain.html

In NJ we pay 1 third of the cost for Health Insurance. My employer pays the other 2 thirds. If the new plan takes away the tax deduction on the employers, they could just turn and tack it on to your pay as taxes which is income you never see or physically have to spend.

Palin's interview with Katie Couric alone was bad enough that SNL couldn't even make the skitt funny. It was almost verbatim what the real interview was like. I didn't find her interview humorous. I found it down right scary to think that this person has the potential to take over after McCain. That she would be the one in charge, because you know, she has done such a good job keeping us safe from Putin and those Russian people she can see from her house...Here is just an example: