Convert dd-wrt to openwrt?

CHainer

well i'v got a problem booting redboot, when i connect to my putty, my putty dissapeared. i tried putty on port 9000 on telnet. and i switch on the fon connecting the ethernet to my laptop directly.

Try using the tool that is described in Darren's blog post. It's a automated tool that will catch the Fon in redboot and complete the process for you. All you have to do is specify the root fs and firmware

using the flashing software im stucked at step 11-12 why i have to wait 20mins ?? I dont see anything happening after i get the screen at step 11, So i telnet 192.168.1.1 ? But what is 192.168.1.1 ?? The fon router is connected via ethernet at 192.168.1.254 or is there something i am missing?

using the flashing software im stucked at step 11-12 why i have to wait 20mins ??

Step 11 re-flashes the F*N's firware. This can take several minutes. So Darren stated "Spend the next 20 minutes enjoying some pineapple", as it could take up to 20 minutes. You don't need to use a stopwatch and literally wait 20 minutes; you only need to wait for it to complete.

I dont see anything happening after i get the screen at step 11, So i telnet 192.168.1.1 ?

When step 11 completes, the EasyFlash GUI just disappears, there is no confirmation message that the flash was successful. (But if it disappears then you are probably on the right track.)

So yes, when the EasyFlash GUI disappears, you move to the next step (12), and telnet into 192.168.1.1 (You do need to wait a minute or two for the F*N to re-boot before doing the telnet.)

But what is 192.168.1.1 ?? The fon router is connected via ethernet at 192.168.1.254 or is there something i am missing?

Step 11 flash new firware, and reboots the F*N. When this new firmware boots, it comes online at a new IP address, and grants your computer a new IP address via DHCP. So yes, the router has switched its IP, and its now at 192.168.1.1 (Forget all about that old address for the rest of the upgrade process.)

using the flashing software im stucked at step 11-12 why i have to wait 20mins ?? I dont see anything happening after i get the screen at step 11, So i telnet 192.168.1.1 ? But what is 192.168.1.1 ?? The fon router is connected via ethernet at 192.168.1.254 or is there something i am missing?

As 33W@rl0r) says, it is just mentioned so that people don't pani when it takes a while for the stept finish.The first time I ran it I thought I'd bricked it as it was taking so long. Lukily I just sat and waited it out and it worked in the end.

and i know why nothing happenss.... i used a 50m ethernet cable and some packets are lost -.-

today i got 1m cable and its now flashing. great thanks.

is it normal of fon to be unplugged by itself and connecting back? it stucked at Setting Boot Script data

D: i think it got bricked.

and i know why nothing happenss.... i used a 50m ethernet cable and some packets are lost -.-

today i got 1m cable and its now flashing. great thanks.

That is one long cable!

is it normal of fon to be unplugged by itself and connecting back? it stucked at Setting Boot Script data

erm...