Hak5 Gaming servers.

Joeeigel

Well, I am now managing the CSS server and I have FTP access to the TF2 server, yet, I still feel empty inside. Why? Because of the lack of fun maps.

My question to you, the hak.5 community is simple. What maps/mods do you guys want to see?

Please format your answers like the following:

Map format:

Map Name

Game (CS:S/TF2)

Small discription

and if possible, A link.

Mod Format:

Mod name

Game

Requirements the server must have (EG. Metamod)

What it does

And if possible, A link.

Thanks for reading. Enjoy, Have fun. Hit me up on IRC if you need any help with the server.

In this post, I will add Current maps and mods, as well as rejected Maps and mods. Please check here before posting.

Current Maps:

aim_ak-colt_v2
aim_ak-colt_v3
aim_akm4ruins2
aim_badneighbors
aim_cbble
aim_depot_beta01
aim_map_duelies
aim_map_source
aim_shotgun3
aim_tmp
aim_usp_v2
ar_cbq
awp_war
bada_aztec
cs_assault_lith
cs_assault_mini
cs_assault_ren
cs_crackhouse
cs_havana_fixed2
cs_lanpartymayhem
de_assault_v1
de_bridge_b2
de_desktop
de_inferno
de_inferno_s_v2
de_officesiege
de_prodigy
de_rats
de_speedball_b2
dm_assault_v1
dm_bloodbath
fy_dustdm
fy_hot_dust_war
fy_iceworld_css
Fy_MM_IceWorld
fy_pool_day_css
puf_deagle_warehouse
puf_deagle_warehouse
sj_dust2
sj_dustland
surf_deathwish4real_final

-----------------

Current Mods:

MetaMod

--SourceMod

---- NoBlock

---- TeamBets

---- 1v1 Knife fights

---- Auto Name

-----------------

Rejected Maps:

-----------------

Rejected Mods:

GunGame

Zombie Mod

-----------------

You should add cspsp to that (counter strike on hacked psp's)

There is good number of people who do. Its a homebrew game for hacked psp's and it is ranked as one of the top homebrew games for the psp.

I think you should be hosting a ZombieMod server. Be sure to stick lots of RAM in it though as the blood causes lots of lag if you go too crazy with GoreMod.

Trust me theres nothing like surviving 40+ zombies wielding knives..........

If your ever interested in focusing more on Europe in general be sure to hit me back as I may be getting back into the server scene. Just remember me if more Foneras get passed around.

Why not make this a community project?

Let anyone host a game server for hak5 and make a page for all those hosting a server

Heh.....not everyone can afford the large hosting and bandwidth costs associated with a game server unless your with a very understanding ISP or in America.

It would be alot more feasable if a clan were to be formed and have some kind of donations system put in place. Then you could have multiple servers off a single box (a decent Core2Duo rig will host two 40 man servers comfortably).

Personally if you are wanting to go with a Zombie mod of any kind Zombie Panic! Source tops them all. Awsome concept, and can really start to freak you out if you play it for long enough.

As for fun maps you have said that you wouldnt be running the gun game mod, however the gg maps are also just alot of fun. So I would recommend putting some of the gg maps up and giving them a go!

@ .exe

Dude that is ridiculous!

c'mon a simple p2 proc machine with 600kbps upload and 1.5mbps download speed will easily hold a 20plr unreal tournament 2k4 server and the same machine/speed can run a 30plr or more server np for cspsp.....

Dude, learn your facts, have you run a server before? Game servers are not quite as intense as you think, if they were then ut2k4 and many other games wouldn't have game servers, the creators of the game usually run a master server and maybe a few game servers, the rest is up to the gamers.

Personally if you are wanting to go with a Zombie mod of any kind Zombie Panic! Source tops them all. Awsome concept, and can really start to freak you out if you play it for long enough.

As for fun maps you have said that you wouldnt be running the gun game mod, however the gg maps are also just alot of fun. So I would recommend putting some of the gg maps up and giving them a go!

Zombie Panic never really got going as a mod which is a shame :(

I was a really big fan of gungame but always found it hard to get into - to be good at it would require a lot of skill - its brilliant if you combine it with deathmatch.

Anybody like surf here?

@ .exe

Dude that is ridiculous!

c'mon a simple p2 proc machine with 600kbps upload and 1.5mbps download speed will easily hold a 20plr unreal tournament 2k4 server and the same machine/speed can run a 30plr or more server np for cspsp.....

Please review yours facts before bitching.....

http://www.overclock.net/faqs/23361-opinio...s-s-server.html

You would be able to run 14 players on a non RAM/CPU intensive setup (basically that means vanilla CS:S). How many 14 player servers were ever seriously played.

I dont know anything about cspsp but im guessing they may have optimised that alot to run alot faster as CS:S is a total pig for RAM.

Dude, learn your facts, have you run a server before?

I ran a 42 player ZombieMod server on the core system above. The seperate map server I had swallowed 50GB worth of downloads per month because it got to be a 24/7 server (filled with players always) and listed in the top 100.

Game servers are not quite as intense as you think, if they were then ut2k4 and many other games wouldn't have game servers, the creators of the game usually run a master server and maybe a few game servers, the rest is up to the gamers.

Probably not if your on a LAN.........and we were talking about scrds servers. If you dont believe me take out a hosting package and try it. A decent one will start you off at about $1400 (about £700) for a 12 month contract.

Between configration and budget worries as well as keeping the thing ticking its actually alot harder than it looks.

What country do you live in?

Im in the usa and they dont charge you based on bandwidth if your a home user.

as for CS:S

CSPSP is not based on the source of cs:s at all, its just a homemade psp version of the game, the server does have a memory leak tho :/ not a bad one in fact ut2k4's is bigger. anyway.. all I meant by all this was it is feasible for members of HAK.5 to run their own game servers for hak5 and thow them together on a page in the wiki, get the community involved is all, Not trying to start a flamewar or anything.... Sorry.

Thanks, Apart from the rambling by you two, I have been taking all posts into account.

I am currently more focused on our TF2 server due to the upcoming lan, after this I will put alot mroe attention into the CS:S server, and then treat them both equaly.

GG maps will be coming

Surf will be coming

FY maps, coming

AIM maps, coming.

GG Mod will not be coming because - It takes skill to be good at it, something not all of us have in FPS games ,we are palying for kicks

Zombie Mod will not be coming because - Well, The same reason.

Thanks, Apart from the rambling by you two, I have been taking all posts into account.

I am currently more focused on our TF2 server due to the upcoming lan, after this I will put alot mroe attention into the CS:S server, and then treat them both equaly.

GG maps will be coming

Surf will be coming

FY maps, coming

AIM maps, coming.

GG Mod will not be coming because - It takes skill to be good at it, something not all of us have in FPS games ,we are palying for kicks

Zombie Mod will not be coming because - Well, The same reason.

I am sorry but if you dont want to hear opinions then dont ask for them...your bored because your not trying anything new or that people havnt seen about a billion times before. Both of the game modes you have decided to "ignore" are both highly modifiable and easy to pick up - yes they are hard to master but thats what keeps people playing.

If other members in the community feel like making a more heavily modified server then please contact me and we can start a project, but I am not wasting anymore of my time on this post.

Epic fail +1.

Watch this movie: [Link]

It explains the mod !

HIDE AND SEEK for Counter Strike: Source

VERSION 11

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUPPORTED MAPS:

CS_OFFICE

CS_MILITIA

DE_DUST2

DE_DUST

CS_COMPOUND

DE_TRAIN

DE_PRODIGY

DE_PORT

DE_INFERNO

CS_ASSAULT

TOP 4: Office, Militia, Inferno, Assault

Requirements:

A server (You can't just go to create server)

Latest ESTools

Latest Eventscripts

Latest Mani Admin Plugin

RUN MANI ADMIN PLUGIN WITH METAMOD IF POSSIBLE

Site: [Link]

Download and readme with more info: [Link]

Hope you give this mod a chance.

Greets Automic.

Nobody said I was bored at anything, And I am trying. I have to get the TF2 server set up in time for the lap party.

I am ignoring those two mods as I said, not our entire community is big on heavy mods, and might just be in the mood for some point an click, instead of some "ohh great, another new gun" action of Gun game.

Nobody said I was bored at anything, And I am trying. I have to get the TF2 server set up in time for the lap party.

I am ignoring those two mods as I said, not our entire community is big on heavy mods, and might just be in the mood for some point an click, instead of some "ohh great, another new gun" action of Gun game.

Does that include the mod I mentioned ? or just GG and zombiemod?

Ofcourse I don't think you should use those mods mentioned 24/7 but it might be cool to have a themed period in which you feature one mod.

for example the week of halloween would feature zombiemod.

Greets Automic.

Have you considered the arena mod/mode (cause im not sure if its in built or not) for TF2?

Sorta like a CS:S round style so when you die your dead for the round. No med packs around team has to purely rely upon medics and dispensers.

Really forces you to work together more which I like. As for the maps for arena, I believe but dont quote me it uses normal TF maps.

Have you considered the arena mod/mode (cause im not sure if its in built or not) for TF2?

Sorta like a CS:S round style so when you die your dead for the round. No med packs around team has to purely rely upon medics and dispensers.

Really forces you to work together more which I like. As for the maps for arena, I believe but dont quote me it uses normal TF maps.

Yeah, its called arena game mode and, we have them on the server now

Does that include the mod I mentioned ? or just GG and zombiemod?

Just GG and zombie Mod

Ofcourse I don't think you should use those mods mentioned 24/7 but it might be cool to have a themed period in which you feature one mod.

for example the week of halloween would feature zombiemod.

I never thought of doing themed weeks. Great Idea, this will probably beimplimented, along with some other goodies/give aways.

Well see I have the capability of running a server off of my own internet and my own computer. Only problem is the one I'd want to run it on, is too slow (only has 256MB ram and a slow processor) plus its old! It wasn't even great at running a cs 1.6 server let alone a CS:S server!! I've tried and because of the low ram its really laggy even with only a few players!

I have a big enough pipe to run one though so its the computer thats the problem!

332780051.png

In my area (chicago) according to that test I get about 2.54MB/s download and 0.34MB/s upload, Which of course slows down the further away you are from me. Downloading the latest episode I got a great speed at around 1MB/s :)

1-2mb-s.png

I do have a computer though that could run the server just fine, the one I'm using now. (4 GB ram 2.26Ghz processor)

So whats wrong? You can't run a dedicated server + play on it on the same machine, otherwise you end of with lag! So I won't run a server if I can't even play on it myself! So that's my situation on why I can't run a server at the moment.

On a side note: does the server have a map rotation yet? I like servers where after the time is up on a certain map, players get to vote on the next map. That way the players get to decide what's the next map they will play! Rock The Vote is also good in case players want to change map before the time's up...

As for the mod's... I think regular play is better than the mods. I do like gun game however, it shouldn't be a 24/7 thing! maybe only once in a while for a little bit.

And who else out there hates Zombie Mod? I really dislike it! It just isn't any fun at all for me, so I tried it a couple times and now I don't ever play on Zombie Mod servers!

And here's one thing you DO NOT WANT to install! HOOK MOD/ ROPE MOD ! In the 1.6 server I used to run I had hook mod installed (for fun mainly while I was waiting for people to join) and people absolutely hated it! people would never stay long until I removed it. So you have to go with what people like, if the majority of people don't like one thing you have to get rid of it! ;)

That's another thing that sucks about running a server. If there aren't any players on it sucks to just sit there waiting for someone to join! And you have to! Because people will not join a server with no players on it, and wait for someone else to join; they just wont! People like that instant join and play action. So if your the admin you have to be the one to do it! And you have to actually be there so you can play against them!(bots don't work lol people can tell and they leave, unless maybe you make a bot have ping they might not notice at first and it might be enough time for more REAL players to join) Now once you've got a player, usually it doesn't take long for other players to join in on the game. Once you've got a good amount of players you can leave if you don't feel like playing any more and the game will carry on without you :)