headphones/music production?

RogueHart

im taking a music studio class so i ordered a good pair of skull candy headphones so i can make higher quality music. and so i can have a kickass pair of headphones lol. http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/skullcrushers-p-1.html i got the black pinstripe design.

anyway im not here to brag. ive been making music(poorly) on and off for years and i was wondering if anyone else here dabbles or not. ill be making a lot and dipping into multiple genres since my class required me to have the music maker 7 deluxe software ( http://www.videomaker.com/article/9029/ ). it came with a shitload(well compared to what ive been working with) of loops. even though ill me using acid express mostly lol. or ill put stuff together with acid then put it into music maker for fine tuning.

anyone else here produce music of any kind? anyone got a high quality set of headphones?

edit

sorry if that sounded jumbled. im working on very little sleep

I've tried to produce music of various genres and while not being particularly good at it, I have realised one very important thing - your music will sound different on every system it gets played on. An iPod, a DVD player hooked to a TV, a PC with 7.1 surround, a home theatre setup, headphones, bookshelf speakers, in the car... it'll sound different everywhere.

While a nice pair of headphones do come in handy (and I'd probably recommend them for high end production, just because you want things to be as good as they can be but) for general dabbling I'd say just get a half decent pair. By that I mean don't take out a loan to be able to afford a pair of uberphones but don't sit there trying to make music on iPod earbuds either. Make sure they're comfortable and that they have a decent frequency response, the rest you'll only really find out by experimenting with genres of music and EQs and all that kind of stuff, some headphones/speakers work better for different purposes so read up on reviews.

I've tried to produce music of various genres and while not being particularly good at it, I have realised one very important thing - your music will sound different on every system it gets played on. An iPod, a DVD player hooked to a TV, a PC with 7.1 surround, a home theatre setup, headphones, bookshelf speakers, in the car... it'll sound different everywhere.

While a nice pair of headphones do come in handy (and I'd probably recommend them for high end production, just because you want things to be as good as they can be but) for general dabbling I'd say just get a half decent pair. By that I mean don't take out a loan to be able to afford a pair of uberphones but don't sit there trying to make music on iPod earbuds either. Make sure they're comfortable and that they have a decent frequency response, the rest you'll only really find out by experimenting with genres of music and EQs and all that kind of stuff, some headphones/speakers work better for different purposes so read up on reviews.

thanks for the tips :)

im actually doing most of my music for my class so the high end headphones i got arent way out there. just a $70 pair of over the ear headphones with mini sub woofers in each ear to provide the base. i just need something that will work better than the laptop speakers since the teacher grading my stuff will more than likely be using a high quality setup.

im still not particularly good. im mainly taking the class to improve my skills enough to produce music for my games. it was either this, guitar lessons, or art

I mostly work with flstudio and adobe audition for music.

I took a elective music class in college and i got through easily

it is much easier to work with midi instead of loops. as instead of spending hours editing a pre recorded loop you can just make your own and it will sound the way you want it to sound

i tried sony acid and it pretty much sucked in terms of how much control you got over the audio

fl studio makes working with midi extremely easy and adobe audition (one of the best audio editors on the market) allows you to fine tune the audio and apply more advance effects in a more visual and easy way

I mostly work with flstudio and adobe audition for music.

I took a elective music class in college and i got through easily

it is much easier to work with midi instead of loops. as instead of spending hours editing a pre recorded loop you can just make your own and it will sound the way you want it to sound

i tried sony acid and it pretty much sucked in terms of how much control you got over the audio

fl studio makes working with midi extremely easy and adobe audition (one of the best audio editors on the market) allows you to fine tune the audio and apply more advance effects in a more visual and easy way

music maker has a software midi creation setup. as well as a turntable for scratches, a beatbox, and a few more things.

but i would love to have a midi keyboard i could use.

anyone know of something that would let me map soundfonts or something to my pc keyboard? lol

AKG K-220m Headphones are my standard ones for everything. Recording, mixing, etc..

And yes, I have produced some music. My band even has an album in stores, yet sadly, we are not together any longer and do not make any more music at this time.

http://www.twistedpairrecords.com/

http://www.myspace.com/twistedpairrecords

http://www.myspace.com/twistedpairrecords2

http://www.amazon.com/Old-New-Its-Inside-T...2535&sr=8-3

Yes, this is really my music on Amazon.com(And iTunes, and a lot of other places. I usually don't plug it that much for fear of backlash from people who seem to have opinions on eveyrthing, but lately a lot of people have been talking about music, their likes and playlists, etc, so if anyone wants to hear what I do, check it out.)