EE261

Introduction to Linear Dynamical Systems

EE263

Convex Optimization I

EE364A

Convex Optimization II

EE364B

Video Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/stanforduniversity

Lecture Transcripts: http://see.stanford.edu/see/lecturelist.as...aa-866adcae1111

hell yes. im going to bed but once i get up im going to get that info

edit

nvm. im gonna download the stuff for intro now.

edit

hell yes. full lectures, assignments, everything. ive been looking for something like this forever. learning straight from a book is slow and difficult for someone with very severe adhd lol. this is perfect. i think 2-3 lectures(depending on length) a day will be perfect :) thanks loads for the info

i apologize for the double post. i thought it would be better to double post this than to make an entirely new topic about it.

im watching the programming methodology lectures at 2 a day and doing all the assignments and stuff. well there is missing material from the first assignment that you do need to have to finish it. so i watched the second lecture and when it showed what you needed to know i took it down with open office and saved it as a txt file. then i made a post on my site about the SEE setup stanford has. and i uploaded the txt file.

the reason i bring this up is because if i find missing materials then ill try to get my hands on it somehow(unless it would be illegal to do so) and upload it to my site so those that are taking the course can download it.

http://roguehart.zxq.net

right now its the first post but since i wont be making new posts for all the stuff you may want to click the posts title and bookmark its page so you can come back and check.

im doing it strictly. 2 lectures per day. any assignments in the lectures have to be completed by the end of the day. i grade them and keep track of my grades. i do have the 2 free extension thing going on. im trying to make it as close to the actual class as i can without wasting too much time. if i miss a day of lectures then i make them up and watch 4 lectures the next day. so if you are watching the lectures and something is missing. if i havent gotten to the lecture yet then i cant help. but keep track of the days and rate im watching the lectures and youll know when to check the post.

hope someone finds this useful. pce

-roguehart

haha im checking it out now and bookmarked it this going to be good ty for the post

programming methodology is pretty good. havent looked at other classes yet. focusing on cs106a. it keeps your interest.

the "karel the robot learns java" book thats needed is on my site(links to an offsite .edu pdf file). the other book youll have to find your own way to get your hands on.

programming methodology is pretty good. havent looked at other classes yet. focusing on cs106a. it keeps your interest.

the "karel the robot learns java" book thats needed is on my site(links to an offsite .edu pdf file). the other book youll have to find your own way to get your hands on.

Havent tried it yet though, just been reading the transcripts, but need to go back and watch them as I wasn't really retaining any of it. Seemed basic at first, but since I cant see what he is typing on the screen, I havent been able to follow it. Did you download the course materials. There is a zipped file with all the pdf and documents, including the eclipes editor. I havent really gone through it yet, but maybe all the stuff you need is in there.

RogueHart, Man it sounds like you are hitting it pretty hard. I like the idea. Not sure I could, currently, keep up with that load myself.

I am more of a social person. I kind of need some group dynamics to keep the pace moving.

I'm wondering if anyone is interested, or knows of some resources, where you can hit the online courses available together, as a "class". There would be more Peer review. The ability to have someone else check your work. Help teach materials, (the biggest/best method of actually learning/remembering information). Peer-pressure to keep up with class lectures, discussions, and work. It could also make the course work RELEVANT in real world circumstance from a stand point of what you have to show for your knowledge, (not a degree/ certificate??), instead you would have REAL people saying "yeah, we learned this stuff on our own.., and so and so brought this asset to the table..."

It would be a real networking ordeal. Just think of the parallels of accomplishing such a task as they relate to non-centralized business models that use various tools to accomplish a project using world wide resources...

I would be interested in joining, or even heading up a group.

Side Note: Wouldn't that make an excellent IPTV show/segment. To have a lecture on that weeks topics...

Possibilities are endless, I just wanted to plant the seed.

RogueHart, Man it sounds like you are hitting it pretty hard. I like the idea. Not sure I could, currently, keep up with that load myself.

I am more of a social person. I kind of need some group dynamics to keep the pace moving.

I'm wondering if anyone is interested, or knows of some resources, where you can hit the online courses available together, as a "class". There would be more Peer review. The ability to have someone else check your work. Help teach materials, (the biggest/best method of actually learning/remembering information). Peer-pressure to keep up with class lectures, discussions, and work. It could also make the course work RELEVANT in real world circumstance from a stand point of what you have to show for your knowledge, (not a degree/ certificate??), instead you would have REAL people saying "yeah, we learned this stuff on our own.., and so and so brought this asset to the table..."

It would be a real networking ordeal. Just think of the parallels of accomplishing such a task as they relate to non-centralized business models that use various tools to accomplish a project using world wide resources...

I would be interested in joining, or even heading up a group.

Side Note: Wouldn't that make an excellent IPTV show/segment. To have a lecture on that weeks topics...

Possibilities are endless, I just wanted to plant the seed.

hmmmmmm i like it! check community projects section in about 10 minutes

edit

digip:

the book ive got linked on my site is one of the books he said to buy in the school store. i found it online on another edu site so i assume its freely available now. its just now in the course material stanford provides.

edit

http://hak5.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9943

Yeah I'd love to do this course but agree if we could implement some sortr of community structure to develop this as an open course with peer involvement that would be great. Again the linux basics course springs to mind as an example of this that could be taken further

• 2 weeks later...
Any1 following this course - Just started to myself and it would be good if there were others to bounce ideas off / ask for help /give help etc.

Check these two threads. Some others have already had the same idea, so join in and converse over your progress:

http://hak5.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9948&st=0

http://hak5.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9943