MK1: Step-By-Step Unlocking / Install guide (with pictures)

So I got the flash to work. I borrowed my mom's computer with Windows on it, and got the WireShark program install and did the Flash program. It worked like that. So I think the issue is running the program through VirtualBox in Linux. I know the instructions said that it was run through a virtualized Windows install on a MacBook, but I guess it depends on the virtualization programs.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So currently I got the FON flashed and got the webif up and running. I made some changes so the FON will behave as a client instead of as a Access Point. Now I do not have any more access to the FON. The wifi that it was projecting, it currently is not. I connect to it using a cable, and I still cannot connect to it. Does anyone know how I can get it reset to the point just after I installed the webif package?

Any help will greatly be appreciated?

Edit: I just got it working by running the flashing app again from step 11. And I am back up and running using OpenWRT on FON.

So currently I got the FON flashed and got the webif up and running. I made some changes so the FON will behave as a client instead of as a Access Point. Now I do not have any more access to the FON. The wifi that it was projecting, it currently is not. I connect to it using a cable, and I still cannot connect to it. Does anyone know how I can get it reset to the point just after I installed the webif package?

Any help will greatly be appreciated?

Edit: I just got it working by running the flashing app again from step 11. And I am back up and running using OpenWRT on FON.

The whole point of Jasager is that it is an AP, if you put it into client mode things can't connect to it.

• 2 weeks later...

In which case you mixed install notes. If you follow the ones on diginija.org then it is on 1471, if you follow Darrens then he moves it to port 80. I prefer it on 1471 as that leaves port 80 for webif. I hoped that keeping the two separate would avoid confusion.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I ran into problem while following your instructions. I was good until step9. after that restart, my computer doesn't detect Fonera anymore. i tried ethernet connection as well as wireless connection. I couldn't access forena anymore to install additional software. I'm struck here... Please help me.

:lol:

Flawless install - have flashed dd-wrt onto numerous wrt54g's for friends and family and sell them as bridges to same.

Darren & DigiNinja - Thanks

that was easy and I cant wait to plug it into one of my jacked up omni's and later a cantenna when I find the right new places to experiment.

Way 2 Cool - it does seem the cpu is slow when doing ipkg updates & installs.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Install the kmod_gpio package and then you can turn the led on or off by sending either 0 or 1 to /proc/gpio/2_dir and /proc/gpio/2_out

I would also like to turn my wifi led on, i understand all of what you said up until the part about passing values to the file, what would you do that in? telnet or or modify the file itself using scp or something else. I'm a little new to alot of this but am really wanting to learn it. thanks in advance for the help