DAA File password recovery

HoBo2003

Does anybody know how to recovery a password on a DAA file (PowerISO format)?

Best Regards

http://filext.com/file-extension/DAA

Who/where did you get the file from?

Not sure what they use for their password scheme on DAA files, but if its like a rar file, you can probably write a brute force program to crack it against a word list. I know they have a rar cracker that takes word lists, but not sure if they have one for DAA files. They aren't exactly the most widely used format, and chances are, any DAA file you got from say, a torrent, is most likely a fake file anyway, and was just bait for people to download it. Stick to ISO and bin/cue files and you won't have this problem. If someone really wanted you to be able to open it, they would have provided you the password. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it's just not worth the time or effort.

Does anybody know how to recovery a password on a DAA file (PowerISO format)?

Best Regards

If its Warez, then tsk tsk tsk, but Google, and Google cache will find your password.

Otherwise i cant find any information about .daa's that says they can be encrypted.

If its Warez, then tsk tsk tsk, but Google, and Google cache will find your password.

Otherwise i cant find any information about .daa's that says they can be encrypted.

PowerISO is a CD/DVD image file processing tool, which allows you to open, extract, create, edit, compress, encrypt, split and convert ISO files, and mount these files with internal virtual drive. It can process almost all CD-ROM image files including ISO and BIN. DAA is a format for an image file, which supports some advanced features, such as compression, password protection, and splitting to multiple volumes (similar to .RAR and other compression formats).
- http://filext.com/file-extension/DAA

I imagine they have it encrypted or hashed in some way, or anyone could get the password easily.