Anyone know if there are programs

chudak

Suppose there's a website that switches its margins, changes its css, etc., and you don't like how it looks. What I'm looking for is a program that would allow me to instruct my browser (firefox 3) to read a section of the page source differently, say, the one that answers for background color (for example). So if a particular website has a tag <body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000" id="styleguide-v2" class="fixed">, and I visit the website, the program would automatically alter that tag to whatever I want it to be altered to (say <body bgcolor="#ffffa0" text="#000000" id="styleguide-v2" class="fixed">, then pass the altered source to the browser to interpret. Or if there are browsers that come with such options built in.

Thanks to anyone who can shed light on this

Opera also lets you override any CSS and Javascript on a page. You can create your own CSS files and have them load at the click of a button to switch between user mode and author mode. I have never used the User javascript feature, but you could probably do all kinds of fun stuff with it if you really know your stuff.

IE has a feature to load your own CSS as well, but most people never use it. Its under tools, internet options, accessibility.