Hackers Hit LHC

digip

Hackers Hit LHC

http://gizmodo.com/5049331/hackers-hit-lhc...o-actual-damage

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtm.../scicern212.xml

Some badasses who call themselves the Greek Security Team hacked computers at the facility. In fact, they got in so deep, say reports, that they were "one step away" from cracking into the computer control system of one of the LHC's "detectors."

Great. Now David Lightman can start Global ThermoNuclear War....

why the HELL would you have something like that accesible through the net. Even the FBI is smart enough to have their servers in a remote place off the net but NO, lets leave the most dangerous machine on earth on the friggin net. No, nobody would try to start it just for shits and giggles MY GOD.. screw this im going to mars

why the HELL would you have something like that accesible through the net. Even the FBI is smart enough to have their servers in a remote place off the net but NO, lets leave the most dangerous machine on earth on the friggin net. No, nobody would try to start it just for shits and giggles MY GOD.. screw this im going to mars

As I recall, the Pentagon was hacked into over Dial-up, so nothing surprises me.

14 mile diameter, underground fortress just to be a honeypot? So looking for the Higg Boson was all just a grand scheme to lure hackers to their lair...Brilliant!