Do you code software?

Darren Kitchen

Some people argue that Flash is a graphical medium, that it's not really programming. But if you're down with some Actionscript, I will disagree. You can program software hacklets in Flash. After reading some news stories, I coded up something: My very own hak5 clipboard hijacker.

I coded a nice little Flash that I would really love to post here in this forum. Unfortunately a .swf cannot be posted here, so I've attached a link to my flash file that's now on a site that provides free flash hosting:

Clipboard Hijacker

As long as you have enabled Flash (and who hasn't?), what it does is hijack your clipboard so that you're forever redirected to our favorite website. To test, visit the page and that's it--your clipboard has been hijacked, pwned your copy and paste.

function callMe()
{
    System.setClipboard("www.hak5.org");
}
var alpha_interval = setInterval(callMe, 5);

Is there a way to put something other than plain text in it though? Like, an exe? I can see this as a major issue if it can be made to execute code down the road. Both black hat, and maybe usefull for something else, since most scanners don't pick up SWF files as malicious.

A nooblube SWF clipboard jacker: http://www.twistedpairrecords.com/digip/no...eclipjacker.swf

<embed src="http://www.twistedpairrecords.com/digip/nooblubeclipjacker.swf" width="100"></embed>

Darren, I just finished off v2.0 of my Myspace music ripper app! and best of all it is in fact open source!

http://hak5.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9693

feel free to look over the source and check it out! Good ol' C++ and Assembly combined make it work

Im not sure if it can be considered a "Sweet" app but its definitely pretty cool! :)

Just want to ask.. you kind of turned my software away Darren as it was not open source. Is this still the case? If not I have plenty of applications you can show or what-not.

What do you have against open source? Most of the apps I created are all OPEN SOURCE!

I like open sourcing my apps, because then people can see what my code is doing! and understand whats going on with it. And it just may even help them out, if my code contains a solution to a problem they've had ;)

What do you have against open source? Most of the apps I created are all OPEN SOURCE!

I like open sourcing my apps, because then people can see what my code is doing! and understand whats going on with it. And it just may even help them out, if my code contains a solution to a problem they've had ;)

I have nothing against open source. I have something against the people and communities that preace open source is better and that all software should be open source. This is also the reason I am not a fan of Linux and it's community. My software is released as closed source, whether people use it or not because of this reason is up to them. I write my software for the research and learning for me, people using it is a bonus. If people want to know how a certain piece of my software works, I happily share that piece of code, but not everything.

OK. I see where your coming from now and totally understand why you don't like to show your code. I know its happened to me a couple times where I posted some code and someone just took my copyright out, and replaced it with their name... It was such obviously my code because nothing was changed it was a pure copy and paste job. Everyone knew it though and flamed the person! ;)

So I guess you just can't let it bother you as in the end, people will know its really your code. At least if they change stuff around and actually put some effort into modifying it and making it better than its okay, as long as they leave your copyright...

In the app I posted I actually used someone else's code which does the base64 encoding and decoding and out of respect for the author I retained their copyright in the file... and actually read it too.

Problem is that sometimes in the corners of the internet people do not know you and that person completely gets away with it.

Just something about spending weeks working on something just to have someone else take all the credit is like a swift kick to the balls.

I have one main app atm. (Of course there's hippstr which launch date seems to always be next month :P, so I won't include it here.)

That one app being stikked, http://www.stikked.com. It's a pretty good pastebin, I really wrote it to create an example app for my php framework, http://codeigniter.com. But I took it beyond that, now it has a lot of cool features. And is a very worthy competitor to hak5's 'true love', slexy... Check it out! Oh and it's open source (the OS version is a little behind, but will be updated soon) at http://code.google.com/p/stikked

Crashanddie and I were also working on a cool prime number finding application, I might release that soon.

• 3 weeks later...

I've made three programs (2 of them are on the internets at this moment)(God-speed and live on :lol: )

One of them is a ps3 File sorter alot of people didnt know where to put files like images videos and themes for the ps3 to read them so i made a program that did that plus it can expand by the user modifing a file.

Another program i made was an autocloser which closed a list of programs when told to this is mostly for people who want to free up ram before going in to a game. All mine is programed in Vb.net (and i know it can be taken apart but i like the easy code in my mind)

www.scorpion54.co.uk <----thats where you can find them.