Runtime Packers - hold the cheese

mubix

Not sure if your blog gives a reply when comments are sent, but I see that they have to be approved before they will show up. So, if you get two from me, sorry, but I don;t think it went through, so I will just reply here.

PeID is a nice little tool for looking at an exe and finding what it is packed with, what encryption it may be using, and also to look at the strings. It also lets you unpack a lot of exe's, but can be dangersous as it can let the programs run to do this. It's nice to use it if you do not want to trace through a debugger and just want a quick way to look at the dll's it hooks to and the strings in the program.

Not sure if your blog gives a reply when comments are sent, but I see that they have to be approved before they will show up. So, if you get two from me, sorry, but I don;t think it went through, so I will just reply here.

PeID is a nice little tool for looking at an exe and finding what it is packed with, what encryption it may be using, and also to look at the strings. It also lets you unpack a lot of exe's, but can be dangerous as it can let the programs run to do this. It's nice to use it if you do not want to trace through a debugger and just want a quick way to look at the dll's it hooks to and the strings in the program.

I didn't see the comment come across for moderation. Any idea what the problem was? I'll post the reply.

I didn't see the comment come across for moderation. Any idea what the problem was? I'll post the reply.

I am using Opera, and I think I have posted comments on one of your pages before, so not sure what is happening.

Everytime I posted it refreshed the page and nothing showed up. I figured you had to approve them first before they showed up, so I stopped trying as I didn't want to fill your blog with double posts.

Just tried it again and this time I get this:

Your comment could not be added because comments for this entry have either been disabled, you entered invalid data, or your comment was caught by anti-spam measurements. Click here to return to the comments, and here to close this window.

• 2 weeks later...
I am using Opera, and I think I have posted comments on one of your pages before, so not sure what is happening.

Everytime I posted it refreshed the page and nothing showed up. I figured you had to approve them first before they showed up, so I stopped trying as I didn't want to fill your blog with double posts.

Just tried it again and this time I get this:

Can you post exactly what you are putting in each field or just email me with it