Spore gets the most epic rating at amazon.com

Razor512

PS i hate not being able to edit thread titles

cant correct spelling errors

Yeah, miss that feature from the old forums.

Also, about spore, I hear people love the game, if they can get it to play on their mahcine, but people are hating the 3 play install feaure, since some people have had toruble getting it installed because of needing newer hardware, they pretty much use them up right away. And what about people upgrade their game rigs once a year? DRM is just bad across the board, and only leads to piracy even more since some people have already cracked this from what I hear.

yep. and if your bored, try calling ea's support, you will be on hold for like an hour and you will then speak to a worker who will assume your one of the worst criminals on the planet and you will have to prove to them that you own the game and suck some major... in order to get them to give you 1 extra activation

not too encouraging to the legit customers

From what I hear about the spore game the install also does some rootkit type of stuff with their software(EA, not the crack site) so that it can't be removed without a reformat(which I think is probably not totally true, just needs to be patched in the same manner it was put on) because it patches the kernel or something and won't let a machine boot if the files are deleted. I don;t have prrof, but have been reading a few news clips and people are posting stuff like that in the replies.

Reloaded to the rescue!

I would only run it in a VM or on a wasted machine(with no internet access or personal info) that I can re-image at will, as I tend not to trust cracks of any kind to begin with, no matter how juicy the game might be. I just wish there were some sort of universal DRM deleter out there, like the ones they used to have for iTunes and Windows Media(fair play I think it was called).

If I had an XBOX 360 or something, I would just buy it for the console vs PC. Less headache and no DRM to worry about rootkit like bs.

i dont play commercial pc games mostly because of drm headaches. i play some that my friends own. but i dont buy. nor do i pirate. i just stick to open source and free games.

drm sux 100% it doesnt slow down pirates the least bit and it pisses off legit consumers. gaming companies are fucking over their customers.

drm sux 100% it doesnt slow down pirates the least bit and it pisses off legit consumers. gaming companies are fucking over their customers.
As well as music and movies and any other software that requires DRM or a Dongle, etc. I have a program that uses an old serial dongle, and my current pc does not have the port built into it. I coudl go and buy an addapter, but then I would need custom drivers to read from USB to interpret it as the serial device. Had to do this with my USB GPS, as Delorme had the drivers to work as a sort of virtual Serial device, this one program only read from the serial pin in/out's, so it was a nice work around, but chances of making my own driver to do the same are not going to happen.

As well as music and movies and any other software that requires DRM or a Dongle, etc. I have a program that uses an old serial dongle, and my current pc does not have the port built into it. I coudl go and buy an addapter, but then I would need custom drivers to read from USB to interpret it as the serial device. Had to do this with my USB GPS, as Delorme had the drivers to work as a sort of virtual Serial device, this one program only read from the serial pin in/out's, so it was a nice work around, but chances of making my own driver to do the same are not going to happen.

music and movies ive gotten used to. being able to own a legal copy means i can get at that copy any way i want as long as its legal. so i rip my movies by recording them to a high quality format while i watch them and i rip my music to flac. downloading music just causes dealing with drm issues. vixy.net saves time with that since i can rip mp3's from videos for very low quality stuff.

as far as dongles go thats just pure bs and i'd rather avoid the product all together.

its the gaming companies that are irritating. movies and music dont limit how much you can listen to something. just what you can listen to it on. games are limiting the number of installs. soon people will be paying for the installation instead of just the game.