external dvd-rom or dvdrw drive

RogueHart

i want to find an external usb dvd-rom or dvd-rw drive. but i want the most compact one i can find and if possible one that runs of the power of the computer its connected to.

and just so people dont post asking wtf. i feel stupid because i just found out that the acer aspire one has no dvd-rom drive. and since im trying to replace my current main laptop with the aspire one i'm going to need some kind of cd drive. so i want a drive that is the most portable. the aspire one is an entire notebook that can probably fit in my cargo pockets. and im thinking that surely a dvd-rw drive could be at least as compact as that. and usually if someting is made portable enough then you can find it running off battery power.

i want to find an external usb dvd-rom or dvd-rw drive. but i want the most compact one i can find and if possible one that runs of the power of the computer its connected to.

and just so people dont post asking wtf. i feel stupid because i just found out that the acer aspire one has no dvd-rom drive. and since im trying to replace my current main laptop with the aspire one i'm going to need some kind of cd drive. so i want a drive that is the most portable. the aspire one is an entire notebook that can probably fit in my cargo pockets. and im thinking that surely a dvd-rw drive could be at least as compact as that. and usually if someting is made portable enough then you can find it running off battery power.

LG makes a nice one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16827106253

more choices:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....mp;Pagesize=100

All th eones I have evern seen have a powesupply of their own.