How to Gain Admin Access on Windows XP

tempnode

NOTE* This only works if u are not a guest account.

1. open command prompt

2.type "net user"

3.find the user that you want to change the password to, in your case probably administrator.

4. type "net user administrator *"

5. change the password to whatever you want and the account is yours.

1. open command prompt

2.type "net user"

3.find the user that you want to change the password to, in your case probably administrator.

The whole purpose of escalation is to gain administrative access from an underprivledged account, such as guest, so if you already a have access to change passwords for the admin accounts, then you aren't in need to escalate privledges. All your doing is changing your password.

If you have physical access to any PC, then there is pretty much no limit to how you can take control the machine. What I would do is load a live disc or USB key of UBCD4WIN and change whatever you want, add a user with admin privledges, change password, steal hashes for cracking later on, etc. This however isn't going to help if you have to authenticate on a Domain and the machine is not the one you are sitting at though, although there may be cached logins stored on the local machine.

1. open command prompt

2.type "net user"

NOTE: Only works if you are logged on as a administrator

With luck this might help, but I doubt you can use the command needed on any box that has a strict group policy, such as a library terminal, or VistaMicrosoft's poor imitation for an OS.

http://alieneyes.wordpress.com/2006/10/23/...unt-in-windows/

yeah, i checked this out, but you have to have admin access to use /interact anyway. im trying to elevate from restricted user to admin, not admin to system access =/

WTF is wrong with a restart? I mean really?

Nearly all cracks/hacks involving pw cracking require a reboot.

Again, if it's school/library related, it's useless(most use deepfreeze)

well, i'll tell you:

1) some of these people are using BIOS passwords.

2) some of them are logged on to other software that require a password, so if i restart, i'd have to know their PW for each individual software suite to log back in so it looked like nothing ever happened

also, it's not school related... i'm a bit older than that, heh.

http://www.whatsmypass.com/?p=21

using backtrack3 you can do whatever u want

Woudl also require them to reboot into a live disc, and as he mentioned, they have bios passwords set, so he probably won't be able to get it to boot from cd or USB.

Woudl also require them to reboot into a live disc, and as he mentioned, they have bios passwords set, so he probably won't be able to get it to boot from cd or USB.

oops i forgot to mention this article on my site

http://www.whatsmypass.com/?p=78

ok maybe i should read all in the thread before commenting, he wants to have a priv escalation tool that will ive him instant admin once he opens the tool , most of the recent exploits are usually patched within a week or so of becoming public , and usually everyone has automatic updates running.. im not sure of any unpatched priv tools the most recent was http://milw0rm.com/exploits/5518 but probably will not work now since most are patched or have upgraded to sp3 .. im pretty sure the shatter attack still works though

• 2 weeks later...