USBhacksaw Help

ravc

I'm having problems installing Hacksaw on my usb U3 drive, and i need all the help i can get as this is kind of important.

I'm new to this and i have no idea what i'm doing wrong, and am kind of annoyed at trying to make it work and getting nowhere :P

So, here's what i am doing:

1. download hacksaw from http://www.usbhacks.com/2006/10/07/usb-hacksaw/

2. unzip the file to my desktop

3. insert my U3 drive

4. follow the readme.txt

4i. run the LP starter, all goes ok

4ii. now here is where i'm having problems. in the readme file it says you have to edit the send.bat file to put in the gmail address and move it to the root of your flash drive. Problem is i open the payload\WIP\SBS file and all the files are hidden and i can't edit it. (i tried everything to unhide the files but failed)

Anyone can help me out? maybe take me through all the steps and all that, i'd appreciate it a lot :)

-raffi

• 1 month later...

How about trying it with SOL(Send Outgoing Log) instead of that gmail crap!

do you really want to expose your gmail password? If your going to use a skiddie tool, count on being found out. At least if you use something that doesn't reveal passwords... (like SOL) At least you wont get pwned ;)

The idea is to pwn without being pwned yourself! Its like saying here's my gmail password just sitting in a unencrypted plain text file! Come and get it ! lol

I'm having problems installing Hacksaw on my usb U3 drive, and i need all the help i can get as this is kind of important.

I'm new to this and i have no idea what i'm doing wrong, and am kind of annoyed at trying to make it work and getting nowhere :P

So, here's what i am doing:

1. download hacksaw from http://www.usbhacks.com/2006/10/07/usb-hacksaw/

2. unzip the file to my desktop

3. insert my U3 drive

4. follow the readme.txt

4i. run the LP starter, all goes ok

4ii. now here is where i'm having problems. in the readme file it says you have to edit the send.bat file to put in the gmail address and move it to the root of your flash drive. Problem is i open the payload\WIP\SBS file and all the files are hidden and i can't edit it. (i tried everything to unhide the files but failed)

Anyone can help me out? maybe take me through all the steps and all that, i'd appreciate it a lot :)

-raffi

The only you have to do is to allow system seeing the hidden files (Go to "My PC", "Folder Options", here you have to allow seeing hidden files and folders...

How about trying it with SOL(Send Outgoing Log) instead of that gmail crap!

do you really want to expose your gmail password? If your going to use a skiddie tool, count on being found out. At least if you use something that doesn't reveal passwords... (like SOL) At least you wont get pwned ;)

The idea is to pwn without being pwned yourself! Its like saying here's my gmail password just sitting in a unencrypted plain text file! Come and get it ! lol

Truely no one wants to be his gmail account password to be exposed but as ravc told us... He's new to this and your SOL solution (MySQL+PHP) way is much better but not implemented in any payload yet as Leapo's or GonZor's (by example) not as your's or mine or people whith some basic level in this matherials...

• 1 month later...

If you want to see hidden files do this.

Click tools in the file folder.

Click folder options.

Click view.

Find hidden files and folders in the list.

Click "show hidden files and folders"

Click apply and OK and then you can see them. ;)

There are instructions for the payload install:

Here:

http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2007/1...mate-hack-tool/

http://computers1011.blogspot.com/

For computers 1011 you will need to scroll down the page to find it.

• 3 weeks later...