iPod suggestions needed.

MMG

I have a 80gb iPod (5th gen) I've had for over a year. Dropped it down several stairs, as you do, and now the screen is not working and the sound wont work either.. I have already bought another MP3 player so I do not need that, I'm asking for suggestions, portable 80gb hard drive?

Thanks.

I've seen somewhere on the net that it is possible to make it a portable flash drive, somebody even used it as a secondary HHD for there EEE pc.

If I can remeber the links I will post them here for you.

But yes it is possible to use it as a portable HDD but that all depends if you have messed the drive up, from the shock of it failing down all them stairs ^_^

You could alway just do what I did today :P, which was take it back to apple they will replace it if it is still under warranty..........best thing is i bought mine from 2nd hand shop for half the price!

The hard drive is still working perfectly, I've connected to my computer with the usb cable and everything works fine.

I'd love to be able to use it as a secondary drive for the EEE, will be buying one of those soon. I'll google it.

Thanks.

Hey guys.. do you know if this would be possible with a Zune 30, too?

I know you can make it appear as a portable storage device under Windows by tweaking the registry a bit, but I want all the benefits of a portable storage device, like being able to plug it into any computer or use it under Linux..

(I tried to just plug it into my Ubuntu box but it did nothing... probably it could not read the filesystem on it (that would be NTFS on the Zune 30?) I'm just now starting with Linux so any help is appreciated)