favorite console accessory you have owned

RogueHart

whats your favorite console accessory youve owned?

personally mines a tie. between the gameshark for the origional playstation(plugged into the back of the console) and the mad katz controller for the genesis.

i loved the gameshark for the origional playstation because it didnt have the bs cd swapping soft mod like setup. you plugged the square block onto the back of your playstation. it had a switch on it. if it was turned on then it would load the gameshark bios instead of the playstations. in this you would pick your game and the codes you want to use or enter codes. then just choose play game and it would load the disc in your playstation. none of the cd swapping and waste of a memory card slot.

the mad katz controller (which i still have) is the coolest turbo controller ive ever owned. its physical size was a bit larger than the standard controller but with good reason. it was a turbo controller. but ive never seen this setup in any other controller. its got a switchboard on the top (still on the front with the buttons and everything. just above everything). its got 7 switches with 3 positions for each. it works simply like this.

the first switch is slow motion. cheap slow motion though. the switch has 3 positions just like the others. the first one is off. the second is 1 and the 3rd is 2. basically 1 is low slow motion which is closer to normal and 2 is slow motion. the way it works is depending on which setting you have it set to it will repeatedly pause the game and start it again.

but the cool part is the other 6 switches. 1 for each of the 6 buttons(each switch affects an individual button). the 3 positions are off, turbo, and auto.

off means the 6 buttons work like they should normally. turbo sets the button to turbo so when you push it it works like a normal turbo. then theres auto. when you flip a switch to auto its like your holding the button in turbo mode. if you have a game where you have to push a button quickly you could flip a switch into turbo mode and set the controller down and win. this controller made mad katz my favorite 3rd party accessory company

A see thru SharkPad Pro for Nintendo 64. I was the coolest kid on the block when I got that thing.

RougeHart, ya I'm definitely with you on that one!!

Although I believe it was for PS2 wasn't it? or was it PS1? anyway I think I remember it blended in with the console, black (or maybe I'm wrong and it was PS1)

well either way that was the best gameshark I ever used! even if hacks for the game you played didnt exist you could just press the button on the back and it would pause the game and you search for a value, and press it again to unpause it and keep going to you find the hack your looking for! ;) then you could save the found address onto the game shark it self!

I also had one for dreamcast but it sucked, the cd-swapping crap!

So yeah anyway gameshark pro for PS2/PS1 was my favorite console accessory. And for PC; CHEAT ENGINE! sorta like gameshark for the PC ;) I use cheat engine to find the hack addresses, then I could make a cool C++ or ASM trainer for the game!

RougeHart, ya I'm definitely with you on that one!!

Although I believe it was for PS2 wasn't it? or was it PS1? anyway I think I remember it blended in with the console, black (or maybe I'm wrong and it was PS1)

well either way that was the best gameshark I ever used! even if hacks for the game you played didnt exist you could just press the button on the back and it would pause the game and you search for a value, and press it again to unpause it and keep going to you find the hack your looking for! ;) then you could save the found address onto the game shark it self!

I also had one for dreamcast but it sucked, the cd-swapping crap!

So yeah anyway gameshark pro for PS2/PS1 was my favorite console accessory. And for PC; CHEAT ENGINE! sorta like gameshark for the PC ;) I use cheat engine to find the hack addresses, then I could make a cool C++ or ASM trainer for the game!

you may have had a ps2 one. but the one i had was for the origional playstation years and years ago. big grey box not the new ps1. it didnt have the pause switch your talking about. i would have killed for that.