sinplest language you know

RogueHart

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

English of course.. then HTML

sort of good with PHP and .BAT programming

trying to learn C++ and assembly (have books on both just not enough time to read threw them all) but im slowly learning, my first C++ project im still working on is a UD keylogger, also reading a book on shell scripting.. i guess I have ADD or something i cant just sit and read threw a whole book, its like i read a couple chapters switch to another book read some, ect..

Hahah,

I'm the same :P

• 2 weeks later...

Why are some of you saying HTML isn't a language. It is, your making it sound like you're mixing the definition of "language" with "learning curve". It's a language, with a simple learning curve.

HTML!

I would have to say Java, with a good IDE it'll hold you hand a lot if you are new, but also gives you a lot of power and usually works.

Most people probably will answer with one of the first languages that they learnt, for me, I hate C++ and C is only ok.

• 3 weeks later...

ruby is probably the easiest "modern" programming language , at least for me personally , I'd follow that up with either c++ or Perl they are complex enough to get detailed work done, but simple enough that you can browse source code( at least well written source code) and be able to say " okay i see what they did here."

The first language I actually learned was QBasic, and that would only be about 2 years ago max. I thought there was real scope for it back then. I learnt HTML soon after, and CSS just recently, which I think was quite silly because I thought it was much easier than it seemed, with a Good IDE (I use Aptana). I also know a little Adobe Spry but I that is just an extension of HTML. Now I am trying to learn Python :) .

I think the easiest language to learn well is HTML, I could never completely understand the ropes with QBASIC when I looked at programmes that actually served a purpose, whereas, with HTML and some duct tape, I could make stuff in minutes. But I am starting to warm to python as well.

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't used it since middle school but I think the simplest language i know would be TI Basic for the 83+.

Brings back memories of TIcalc.org.

AMEN!

I remember all the number guessing games I made.

:ClrHome

:Disp "Input a number."

:Input X

etc...,

Good times. HTML is a breeze too.

• 2 weeks later...

VB 2008 for sure for starters. You get the added benefit of being able to work with writing/modifying macros for office and such which could be good for you out in the workforce. Than again I just got into programming short of some mIRC scripting...

The other languages look cryptic to me. I tend to understand at the high level what thier doing but fell like I'm reading in a language I've never seen.

Anyway my two cents worth. Within a year or so from now I should know a little c/c++ and java due to the stuff I need for my degree.

I think simplest and easiest is quite subjective given the different syntax that different languages use. For me I'd say C++ over Java because I've been working with it longer. Java is technically easier than C++ but hey...there's always that language a programmer starts with and comes to love. It's like...there's no place like home... haha.

English xD

Not to start a fire or anything, but most people on the Internet aren't quite "1337" when it comes to english. They'd post stuff thinking they know it all but when "your" should be "you're" you start to think what went wrong with the education system. I'm just saying, work on your english.:D Computer people should be intelligent. Don't disappoint the public now..XD